5 Reasons to Stop Chewing Gum
Lets face it, chewing gun can look a little obnoxious. Admittedly, this is not always the case but some people may find it strange or irritating to be around someone that is constantly chomping. Lets face it, we are not always at are best when we are processing food and chewing. Also, many people litter their gum and many people have the chance to step on it. Don't be that guy!
- Never chew with your mouth open and always try and chew one piece at a time. It's the large pieces and multiple piece that making chewing noticeable and hard on your gums.
- Always be sure your gum makes it to the trash can to avoid it being stepped on and making someone have a bad day.
2. Wear and Tear
Chewing is hard on our mouth and gums. To put it this way, you only have so many times that your mouth plans on chewing and eventually it can create damage and wear and tear. As an example. If you are constantly using your mouse clicking all day, it runs a higher chance of breaking and wears out faster. The same goes for your mouth.
- If you do chew gum try and limit yourself and do it in moderation. Everything is fine in moderation and I am sure you mouth wont suffer too much if you chew a little bit of gum every now and then.
3. Artificial Sweeteners
There are chewing gums that do not have artificial sweeteners but a lot of them do. It is no mystery that these artificial sweeteners are unhealthy and they have been proven to do damage to your brain.
- Try to buy gum without artificial sweeteners. Be sure you check the label before you buy your gum and if you are chewing gum with sweeteners try to switch to a brand without them.
4. Risk of Swallowing
Everyone is familiar with the notion that if you swallow gum it stays in your stomach for years upon years. I don't know about you but I do not want a piece of gum in my digestive track for the next few years.
- Avoid swallowing your gum as best as you can. If you find yourself swallowing gum a lot cut back or try to avoid chewing.
Although gum only cost roughly a dollar for a pack it can slowly add up. If you go through a couple packs a week then you are spending an extra 100 or so dollars every year. This may not seem like much but it can add up over time.
- Buy your gum in bulk if possible at places who sell bulk items. This way your gum is a lot cheaper and you will save a lot more.
More by this Author
How to use wards and guide to warding. The importance of warding in League of Legends and how to get the most out of your wards.
In depth guide on playing support in League of Legends as well as tips to improve your support play. Everything you need to know about the support role and how to play support like a pro.
List of the champions with the best crowd control in League of Legends and why crowd control is so important.
No comments yet.