5 Simple Shortcuts to Smooth Sexy Legs
5 Simple Shortcuts for Smooth Sexy Legs
Exchanging long pants for bare legs is one's summer's great
pleasure, but only if you feel about how your legs look. Some people
have flawless legs, you don't need perfection permit to wear shorts.
But your legs can look a lot better fast, with these simple strategies,
you'll have what you want in no time..
1 . Soften your skin
- Scrub up. For legs that feel like silk, make sure to exfoliate with a body scrub, just pick one with coarser grains since the skin on your legs is slightly thicker than the rest of your body. Try Zen Zest Exfoliating Body Scrub in Melon, which has moisturizing properties to prevent dryness and flaking.
- Polish to perfection. Make Sure that every bit of dry, scaly skin vanishes from view and do as the pros do: Use a brisk, circular motion on your legs and spend some extra time on areas such as your knees and ankles. Use bath gloves to make things a bit quicker.
- Bye to Bumps. If small red bumps on your thighs are a problem, sap them with a dose of lactic acid cream, which helps dissolve prickly patches. Ask your dermatologist for a prescription. Tip: If the bumps only appear after your wax or shave, use an unscented, alcohol free lotion.
- Ditch the jiggles. No one wants to walk around with thunder thighs. Supplement thigh exercises with a firming lotion, like Jergens Skin Firming Lotion, which contains ingredients like collagen and elastin to help tighten your skin.
2. Go for Bare
- Upgrade your razor.
Don't risk scratching your skin by dragging a cheap-one blade razor
over your steams. Invest in a two-to-four-blade razor, which will cut
your hair in a single pass. A top tool helps minimize razor burn.
- Get Steamy. Instead of shaving before you take shower, try switching your shaving time to the latter part of your bath. The steam softens the hair, so removal is much easier. Tips: Hold your skin taut and shave against the grain. For sensitive areas like the bikini line, shave in the direction of the hair growth to avoid ingrowns.
- Lather, Lather. Pick shaving creams with lubricating ingredients such us oil and silicone, which can help ward off redness and irritation - they'll make shaving easier by letting the blade glide across your skin.
- Try Waxing. If your tired of shaving every other day, try waxing instead. Waxing also lifts off dead skin cells along with the hair follices, so your legs look much smooth and brighter. Scared of the pain? Try an at-home sugar-kit, like the Body Shop Sugaring Kit, which promises similar results, but with a little less pain.
- Away with ingrowns. Whatever you do, there's no way to prevent the occasional ingrown specially if your hair is coarse and curly. Don't pick at them - you'll just risk wounding your legs. Instead, massage the area with a cotton ball soaked in glycoalic and salicylic acid moisturizer, which sloughs and softens your skin's top layer and allows the hair to pass through.
3. Add Some Color
- Get glowing.
If you want to channel "beach goddess" for your date, your best best
bet is quick bronzing product to help your legs looks leaner. If you
you're in a rush, opt for an easy-to-apply product for minimum fuss. I
suggest using Lancome Star Bronzer Leg Sprayer, a spray-on self-tanner
that helps you get the fresh-from-Bora glow..The sprayer is easier to
apply than most creams, and it quickly adjust to your natural
color...However, if you do not want to tan yourself you could always
use a bronzing oil that you can easily rub on before going at
night..The effects of using a bronzing oil will only stick around until
your next shower.
- Enhance your base. If you legs
are so pale, warm them up with a gradual self-tanner, which will last
you about a week. Try Fabulous Fake Tan, a quick-drying lotion that
glides on streak free... According to Dr. Graf, the ingredients in the
cream react will the skin's amino acids to produce natural-looking
brown pigments...Your tone should peak in five to seven days.
Afterward, apply the lotion every other day to maintain your gleam.
- Armed and ready. If
you already have your tried-and-tested cream or mousse self-tanner,
make sure to use latex gloves before you smooth on bronzing cream all
over yourself. Tip: Do this right after you scrub your stems and don't
apply to lotion to help your skin absorb the tanner better.
- Perfect Application.
When applying self-tanner, spread the product from the tops of your
ankles to just below your knees with uniform swipes in all directions.
Then, using a mirror to keep your backside in sight, focus on your
thighs, making sure that every spot is covered. As for areas with
naturally darker skin such as ties and knees, dilute the tanner with moisturizer
- Streak Away. If you still see a couple of
orangey streaks here and there - don't panic - a quick shower should
help them fade. If not, add a cup of milk to the bath; the lactic acids
should tone down the color. Don't scrub away the streaks, because
you'll only end up with a more uneven skin tone.
4. Get a Flawless Finish
- Outsmart dimples. There's
no magic cure for cellulite, but dermas agree that lotions with caffeinated ingredients (like coffee guarana, tea) can boost
circulation and temporarily reduce puckering. According to Chantal
Sanders, director of Spa and boutique development for Clarins, Take a
natural-bristle dry body brush and, starting at your ankles, rub
upward. This step stimulate lymphatic drainage, which may ease
puffiness..(You can also lay off the salt)..
- Lose the bruise. Accidents
do happens, so if you happen to bang your knee on the edge of a table
again, just ice the area to prevent swelling, and dab on a thick
foundation like Make Up For ever Face & Body Make Up, which
promises to stay put and won't rub off on your dress. Also mix in a few
drops of light-reflecting makeup with your daily moisturizer to deflect
attention from the nasty purple color.
- Cover up. To
hide stretch marks, birthmarks, dark spots and spider veins, some
makeup artist recommends to use a heavy-duty concealer. However, if you
need extreme makeover, you can try using Nyce Legs Spray On Instant
Nylons, which gives the illusions of flawless stems.
5. Prettify your toes
- Trim and file. Cut
toenails straight across and file away sharp corners. Don't round the
edges (and ask your manicurist to avoid cutting cuticles), which can
cause ingrown toenails.
- Soak it up. No time for a
foot spa? Do it yourself by pushing back your cuticles with a damp
washcloth, then rub in some hand cream and cuticle oil. Let the
moisturizers be absorbed for a minute or two, then wipe off any greasy
residue. "Moisture is very crucial with dry, brittle nails
- Paint me a picture. Apply a base coat and two layers of polish, you're all set. Look for colors that complement your skin tone (bright reds look great on fair yellow-based skin, while a gorgeous morena tan will be set off beautifully by pale pink pink shade)
Source:Cosmopolitan Philippines, February 2008
More by this Author
All your back-to-school beauty problems/ dilemmas - solved Classes are in session for all of you in need of extra help, when it comes to basic-to-school beauty. Once school starts, along with all the extracurricular...