7 Home Remedies to Get Rid of Oily and Greasy Hair
If your hair gets too much greasy after one or two days of hair wash, it means you have oily hair. Oily hair tends to clump together and looks unclean and dirty. It’s time to take extra care of beautiful hair and help them to look fresh. This article gives you some handy tips and home remedies to handle your oily and greasy hair.
You must have often heard of one solution, wash your hair every other day, but hold on, this can do a lot of damage to your hair. Try these natural remedies listed below and enjoy your hair with the smooth and shiner look.
Fuller’ Earth or clay hair mask
Fuller’s Earth has so far been used by you for all those beauty treatments for your face. This time try this easy to use remedy for oil free hair. Multani mitti will improve the blood circulation of oily scalp and soak all the impurities and dirt because of its natural absorbent properties.
- Mix fuller’s earth powder with water or rose water to form a thick paste.
- Allow this mix to stand for 15-20 minutes.
- Apply this mixture on your hair and scalp.
- Wash your hair with a mild shampoo.
This natural and easy treatment can be used once or twice a month, depending on the extent of oil in your hair. Your will feel your hair are completely new and fresh after using Fuller’s earth hair mask.
Henna, black tea and eggs to get rid of oily hair
Henna and eggs are known to be hair conditioners and nourishing agents since generations. Try this long trusted formula to get rid of the problems of oily and greasy hair. This is how you can use this wonderful combination:
- Mix one egg with 100gram henna powder
- Add strained black tea (black tea has excellent properties that help get rid of oil )
- Add some water and make a thick paste.
- Let the paste stand overnight and apply it on your hair next day.
- Let it remain for 2 hours
- Wash your hairs with a mild shampoo
Henna powder is best to make oily hair clean because of its drying effect. Black tea contains tannic acid that helps prevent buildup of excess oil on the scalp. You can also use black tea leaves in the hair mask. Your hair are gorgeous than before!
Amla, Reetha and Shikakai oily hair cleanser
Amla, reetha and shikakai are very effective natural things for oily and greasy hair. The antioxidant properties strengthen the roots of hair. You can prepare a chemical free shampoo using these natural ingredients:
- Take equal quantities of dried amla, shikakai and reetha. Grind them after removing seeds to make a fine powder.
- Add this powder to water to form a diluted mixture.
- Leave this overnight.
- Next day boil this mixture till it reduces to half.
- Strain the mixture with soft cloth and use the strained water for washing your hair.
This is a very effective natural cleanser, which stimulates the overall health of your hair. Reetha is potential to treat any scalp infection. This remedy is an excellent cure for a number of hair problems such as oily hair, hair loss, and dandruff. You will notice shiny, fresh and healthy look after every wash.
Aloe Vera and lemon juice to get rid of greasy hair
A natural detoxification agent, aloe Vera keeps your hair healthy besides removing the oil and grease. This wonderful product from the nature is beneficial for overall health of hair. Aloe Vera pulp can be easily obtained from the Aloe Vera plant at your home or get it from market in packed bottles. Follow the below remedy for great hair results:
- Mix equal quantity of Aloe Vera pulp and lemon juice.
- Apply it to your hairs and leave for at least one hour
- Wash your hairs with a mild shampoo
Aloevera will gently nourish the hair roots making them healthy. Your hairs will be smoother than before. Try this remedy regularly for long lasting results.
Oatmeal Oily hair remedy
This home remedy is for people suffering from oily scalp, scalp irritation, inflammation and dandruff. Oatmeal in this mask will absorb the extra oil exfoliating the oily scalp and making them smooth and shiny. Here is the procedure to apply oatmeal hair mask:
- Mix ground oatmeal, fresh milk to make a paste.
- Put it gently on your hair and scalp.
- Leave it for 20 minutes and then rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- 6 Natural Hair Masks at Home to Treat Dull, Dry, Rough and Damaged Hair
At home natural hair masks are excellent in treating dull and dry hair. Dry hair can be easily identified with split ends and excessive hair breakage. They get damage and break easily.
Apple Cider Vinegar for oily hair
Acetic acid in apple cider vinegar makes it one of the best home remedy for oily hair. It helps in balancing the pH level of the oily scalp, which further control secretion of excess oil.
- Take a cup of water and mix two tablespoons of AVC to it.
- Use this hair tonic as rinse, after washing your hair.
- Wash it off with water, after waiting for few minutes.
- Follow this remedy two times a week.
Apple cider vinegar will remove extra oil from the hair and also treat itchy scalp and dandruff.
Baking Soda to get fresh and clean hair
Baking soda cleansing properties can get you rid of oil and grease in your hair. One tablespoon of baking soda into a cup of water makes a good natural remedy for oily and stringy hair. Rub this paste of baking soda to your hair to get rid of that extra oily look.
Oily hair is the result of excessive oil production by some glands in the scalp. It might be due to hormonal fluctuations that more oil is being secreted. Nature has the answer to all your problems. These inexpensive ingredients like egg, tea, henna, amla, reetha and shikaki can help you to get rid of oily and greasy hairs when used regularly. In addition of removing the unwanted extra oil, these ingredients will nourish your hair, make them healthy, add strength to your hair roots and most important make you feel confident!
More by this Author
Learn about these five great avocado face masks you can make at home.
If you are looking a cure for your frizzy, dull, rough hair, a homemade hair mask can help you out here! There are many natural things such as avocado, egg, yogurt which can prevent hair dryness by nourishing your locks...
It's important to take immediate action when you lips start to crack—otherwise, your lips run the risk of developing large, painful, swollen cracks. These homemade remedies can help.