7 Ways to Get Rid of Hair Split Ends with Home Remedies
Tired of visiting parlors for getting the hair split ends treatment and monthly trimming sessions? There are natural remedies to get rid of split ends without cutting them. Dry air shaft when splits at the end, they become ugly hair split ends. Adequate moisture and proper nourishment can help to repair dry hair split ends. To take care of your hair and prevent split ends, here are some simple home remedies:
There is no need to invest in expensive products. There are some easy to follow natural ways and tips, helping you to fix dry hair due to those split and roughed ends.
Bananas to prevent split ends:
Your favorite fruit is your hair doctor as well. Banana is enriched with minerals like potassium, iron, zinc, vitamins A, C, and E hence a complete hair nourishing agent. It has been used since long for treating split ends and damaged hair.
- Mash one ripe banana and add to it two tablespoons of curd, and a little rose water.
- Add a tablespoon of olive oil to make a hair mask for hair.
- Mix it well and apply the mixture to your hair.
- Leave it for one hour, then rinse it off and wash your hair with a shampoo.
Banana hair mask helps to maintain the pH balance and strength hair. Use this home remedy for split ends regularly to see visible results.
Egg Yolk to repair split ends and dry hair
Egg is known to be hair best friend since long to treat rough and dry hair and it is also effective in fixing many bad hair conditions including split ends. Mix egg yolk with small amounts of honey and olive oil.
- Allow the mixture to stand for 15-20 minutes.
- Apply the mixture on the length and hair ends and leave it untouched for half an hour.
- Rinse it off and shampoo your hair with a mild one.
The result is shinier, smoother hair. You can also use almond oil, in case you don’t have olive oil handy.
Avocado hair remedy to treat split ends
Oil content in avocado makes it perfect remedy for hair nourishment and treating split ends. Here is the procedure to use avocado for hair mask.
- Take a medium size ripe avocado depending upon the length of your hair.
- Mash the avocado into a paste.
- One tablespoon of warm olive oil in this mashed avocado mask will make it easy to apply and will provide extra moisture to the dry, frizzy hair.
- Damp your hair and apply the avocado paste to your hair length and split ends.
- Let the paste sit on your hair for half an hour and rinse thoroughly.
- This avocado hair mask will condition your dry hair, making them less likely to split.
Tips to treat oily and greasy hair
- 7 Home Remedies to Get Rid of Oily and Greasy Hair
If your hair gets too much greasy after one or two days of hair wash, it means you have oily hair. Oily hair tends to clump together and looks unclean and dirty.
Mayonnaise mask for split ends
The popular sandwich cream can do wonders for your hair. The soft and shiny hair, you get after applying mayonnaise will leave you astonished. This treatment is best for people having dry hair and split ends. Make sure to use the mayonnaise on damp hair only.
- Massage mayonnaise gently into your hair.
- Leave it for approximately 30 minutes.
- Rinse it off and shampoo your hair.
Mayonnaise has proven to be an excellent remedy for treating split ends. Use this procedure twice a week. However, you have to bear the bad smell you might face for some days due to mayonnaise.
Black Lentil to get rid of brittle split ends
Lack of vitamins to the hair follicles is a cause of hair split ends. This popular dal or pulse, which has so far been used as a cooking item to provide all the protein needs to the body, is also a good remedy for managing split ends. The protein in the dal helps prevent split ends.
- Grind ½ a cup of Black Lentil to form a smooth powder.
- Add one tablespoon of fenugreek seeds and one cup of curd.
- Mix all the three contents to form a smooth paste.
- Apply this paste to your hair.
- Leave this homemade hair mask for one hour.
- Rinse off and wash your hair with lukewarm water.
Papaya as hair mask
Bring life to your hair with this natural ingredient, papaya. Papaya is equally beneficial for hair care as for skin care. Make a papaya hair mask as explained below and you will get smooth, thick, shiny hair without split ends.
- Take a ripe, small papaya, remove the seeds and mash it thoroughly.
- Add half a cup of yogurt to this papaya mash.
- Blend this mix to form a smooth paste
- Apply the mix on your hair and leave it for an hour.
- Rinse off and wash your hair with a shampoo.
Papaya pack is the best remedy for treating split ends. Papaya is said to be useful for hair growth and hair thinning, although results may vary from person to person
Oil massage to control split ends
Massage your hair scalp with warm oil. You can mix equal part of castor oil, almond oil and coconut oil for complete nourishment. Use a combination of some oils or single oil as per your choice. A regular gentle massage will help to get rid of dry, frizzy split hair ends. For best results, wrap your hair with hot wet towel and let it cover your hair for 30 minutes to one hour.
Hot oil treatment deeply nourishes hair, preventing them from many hair problems such as hair fall and split ends.
Besides using these home remedies, it is important to follow a healthy and nutritious diet for healthy hair. Do not wash your hair with hot water, if you have split ends. Drink lots of water and cover your hair with scarf while going out. These little changes in your daily lifestyle can bring big changes to your hair texture quality. Stay beautiful and flaunt your hair with style! Following the above-mentioned steps, you can easily achieve the desired style giving your hair the perfect bouncy look.
More by this Author
Oatmeal face masks are very popular because of their cleansing, exfoliant, and moisturizing properties. They're an excellent homemade remedy that make your skin feel soft, smooth, healthy and radiant. Oatmeal provides...
Face masks you make at home with turmeric can treat dark spots, blemishes, acne, pigmentation, wrinkles, stretch marks, and cracked heels. Turmeric slows the skin's aging process, heals dry skin, softens skin, and is a...
If you are looking a cure for your frizzy, dull, rough hair, a homemade hair mask can help you out here! There are many natural things such as avocado, egg, yogurt which can prevent hair dryness by nourishing your locks...