Acetone Vs Non-Acetone Nail Polish Removers; Which One To Choose??
If you're a nail polish freak then you
might think that what nail polish remover should you use to remove
your nail polish, the acetone one or the non-acetone one. If so, then
you're at the right place to check the difference between the acetone
and non-acetone nail polish remover. Here's a brief description about acetone and non-acetone nail polish removers.
The difference between the acetone and non-acetone nail polish remover
- The major difference between the two remover is, the acetone nail polish remover is nothing but the normal acetone whereas the non-acetone nail polish remover is ethyl acetate.
- Acetone is a very strong solvent which can disintegrate plastic very easily and hence it takes a very less effort in removing the nail paints. Ethly acetate too is a solvent but its not as strong as acetone.
- Acetone has a very strong smell whereas ethyl acetate has a good scent and therefore it is also used in perfumes.
The similarities between the acetone and non-acetone nail polish removers
- Both are flammable.
- Both are colourless.
- Both are organic solvents.
Drawbacks of acetone nail polish removers
- As mentioned above, it's a strong solvent hence it can be more harsh on you nails.
- For the same reason that it's a strong solvent, it can't be used on fake nails. It will degrade it (if its made up of plastic) or may separate it from your nail.
Drawbacks of non-acetone nail polish removers
It takes a hard time to remove the nail polish and can't remove the nail polishes which contains small or large glitter particles as the glitter nail polishes contains more strong chemicals as compared to the normal nail polishes.
So, which one should you choose??
The above information makes it easier to select your nail polish remover.
- If you don't want to wait much longer to remove you nail polish then acetone is the option for you
- If you can't tolerate strong smells then non-acetone removers is the option.
- If you use fake nail as extension then the non-acetone removers is good for you.
- If you wear glitter nail polishes then go for acetone removers because non-acetone ones will take ages to remove the glitter particle!
- If you've health related issues then I would recommend you to use non-acetone remover as during illness, strong and odd smell can make you feel uncomfortable.
You can use both the nail polish removers. I know every women likes to wear a glitter nail polish and also she cares about her nails, so keep both! Use the non-acetone one for the normal nail paints whereas acetone one for glitter nail polish removers. But if you don't use fake nails and don't have problem with the scent and have strong nails then its better to use the acetone polish remover. You don't have to spend extra money to keep two types of removers if you don't have any serious health issues.
I think now you can choose the remover best suited for you.
More by this Author
A brief history on how calligraphy came into existence and became popular.
Here are some of the tips and information related to how you can find a hidden camera in hotel rooms and new apartments.
Universe is an amazing place, full of stars, planets and what not. Today we're looking up at 5 amazing stars of the universe.