Adding Orange Shoes Into Your Wardrobe
Viktor & Rolf Orange Bow High Heel Pump
Orange Shoes and How to Wear Them
Orange is one of the most vibrant colours that you can wear regardless of the season. Of course it does not suit everybody’s skin tone but if you want to add colour and fun to your wardrobe you can always wear orange below your waist and as orange trousers are not very flattering the best item to add a splash of colour to your wardrobe are your shoes.
I have heard some people are very reticent about wearing orange shoes and no wonder, I have seen some horrific shoes out there in orange. But here I am talking about beautiful designer shoes and not your ordinary orange crocs (please keep them only for the garden where no one sees you), orange trainers or orange go-go dancer boots, that only someone going to a Halloween party would wear to go out.
I must admit that I have no orange shoes in my wardrobe. I have always gone for red instead, but after seeing these shoes I am gagging for a pair!
The Colour Wheel
Understand The Colour Wheel To Select Colour Combinations Likely To Look Fantastic And Make Heads Turn In Admiration.
The first thing before adding orange shoes to your wardrobe is to have a basic understanding of the colour wheel, so you can select colour combinations that are likely to look fantastic and make heads turn in admiration. You have several choices when wearing orange shoes:
- You can adopt a monochromatic scheme wearing orange as a basic colour. For example, you might choose to wear an orange dress with orange sandals. Karen Millen has a beautiful and flattering orange dress which matches to perfection her orange sandals. If you choose this colour scheme make sure that your dress is cut as simple as possible.
- You can wear adjacent colours, in the colour wheel that is where two or more colours are located next to each other, for example orange and yellowy orange. That means that you can wear a very pale orange dress with deep orange sandals.
- Wear complimentary colours to create vibrant combinations. The complimentary colour for orange is blue, so you could wear your orange shoes with dark-blue jeans for a funky look. Just keep it simple and avoid mixing too many different shades of orange or blue.
Fabulous Designer Shoes From Karen Millen
Orange Yves Saint Laurent
I love shoes, they are one of my weakness. I have selected here my favourite orange shoes. I not only love the colour but the heels and their style.
Black and White clothes with orange shoes.
Both black and white will look wonderful with a pair of orange shoes. A white Summery dress will acquire a whole new life if worn with a pair of orange sandals. With white you can wear any shade of orange on your feet, just choose the shade that goes better with your skin tone.
A little black dress will look sophisticated if worn with a pair of dark orange stilettos. When wearing black AVOID bright orange shoes and go instead for lighter or darker shades of orange, otherwise you might end up looking too “Halloween” themed.
Orange Shoes by Christian Louboutin
Dior's Orange shoes
Brown, tan and cream clothes with orange shoes.
This is another great combination. Brown clothes go very well with dark or very light orange shoes; while tan clothes will rock with a pair of dark brown shoes, like the Dior shoes on the right. Who said you could not be elegant with orange shoes?
The Orange Dior Shoes are fantastic not only for a night out but they will also work great for the office.
Would you wear orange shoes?See results without voting
Orange shoes on Amazon.com
Prada Orange Gradient High-Heeled Shoes
What type of orange shoes?
If you are going to wear orange shoes, it is important that you choose the right type of shoe. Otherwise you will end up looking freaky or worse, looking like you work for a toxic waste company and forgot to take off your shoes before leaving the workplace!
1. Orange Stilettos. These are my favourite type. They make your legs look longer, they make you look sexy, attractive and irresistible. With a well designed pair of stilettos the colour is just a bonus.
2. Thick heels. This is a risky choice, chunky heels can be funky but be careful that they are not too chunky. This is more a choice of comfort over sexiness. There are some beautiful thick heeled platform orange shoes that will rock with any outfit. Find the jewel!
3. Two toned shoes. Some two toned shoes can be very flattering. I am still not sure about the Prada two toned shoes. What do you think? Not really my style but they are original.
4. Chunky boots. Unless you are a teenager or want to make a fashion statement the answer is NO.
5. Orange Crocs, another NO unless you are a little girl or you are working in a hospital and wear them to work.
6. Orange go-go boots, another NO unless YOU ARE a go-go dancer or you are going to a Halloween Party.
7. Black Boots with orange accents, again NO unless you are a teenager.
Carolina Herrera Says Orange Is The New Red
- Carolina Herrera Says Orange Is The New Red: What Do You Think?: Slaves to Fashion: Fashion: glamour
Glamour magazine: fashion, beauty, health, sex advice, news: glamour.com when Carolina Herrera held her runway show last week, she showed a couple of beautiful bright orange floor-length frocks. And after the models had strutted their stuff, Herrera
More by this Author
This winter, the long boots are stepping out from the domination scene to step up the catwalks and going straight into main stream high street shops. Wearing thigh high boots a woman gives the impression that she and...
Worn properly, high heels are one of the best arms a woman has regarding accessories to seduce a man.
Make a dramatic impression with these jeans that fit. Whether it is skinny, super chic, minimalistic or very ornate, here are some tips to find plus size jeans that fit and flatter your figure.