Beehive Hairstyle: 6 Steps to get Super-Easy Beehive Hairdo!
What is Beehive hairstyle?
Beehive hairstyle is one of the most desired women’s hairstyle today. Everyone has been busy to get a new look for the season and the regular hair updos or colored hair are out as people want something new and trendy and hence we are seeing the return of retro hairstyles.
The 1960s fashion is back!
The Beehive hairstyle is a woman's hairstyle that resembles a beehive; it is also known as the B-52. This style was highly popular throughout the 1960s, particularly in the United States and other Western countries. Celebrities like Christina Aguilera and Amy Winehouse have also sported this hairdo and have received much appreciation for their celebrity hairstyle.
Get a Beehive in 6 easy steps
This style works best on hair that isn’t squeaky-clean. Here, I'm sharing the simple process of how to achieve a Beehive. This is simple because it does not require using too many types of hair shears. So here’s the simple process to get a Beehive hairstyle:
1. Separate the hair into two sections by combing a part from one ear around to the other in a straight line. Take the top section and, using a fine-toothed tail comb, backcomb from the front to the back of the crown in chunks of about 3 inches wide, from root to tip.
2. Flip the top section of backcombed hair forward and secure it to one side with a clip. Then, begin to backcomb through the bottom layers in the same way for creating texture and keeping the beehive secure.
3. Take a bristle brush and using just the tip; gently brush the surface of the hair downwards from the crown. The aim is to smooth over the top layer of backcombed hair, not brush it out completely - you want to keep the "nestiness"
4. Pull all the hair down towards the nape of the neck, as if to put it in a low ponytail. Slide all of the hair over to the right and secure it with a vertical row of grips.
5. Take the hair from the right-hand side and twist it to the left and towards the crown, creating an upwards roll in one movement.
6. Tease and define the crown by pulling away random strands of hair with your fingers. Finally, spritz with a malleable hairspray to get a perfect Beehive hairstyle.
Beehive hairstyles are simple to style and they are trending right now. Some hairstylists have also termed it this season's must-have hair! If you like 'big hair' and you want to change your current look to something retro, visit your hairstylist and get a perfect Beehive!
More by this Author
Hairstylists use different types of haircutting scissors while cutting/styling hair. Know more about each type of haircutting scissors and learn how stylists use them to perform different styles.
A receding hairline is an indication of male pattern baldness. Follow these tips to hide a receding hairline and minimize the appearance of your thinning hair or balding spots.
A client consultation helps you to establish trust with your clients as you discover their goals and concerns. Follow these 15 tips to perform a successful client consultation in your beauty salon.