Best Ways to Prevent Menstrual Acne or Hormonal Acne Naturally
For most of the women, the time of menstruation is also the time of acne too which is not just frustrating but at times depressing too. Thus, one has to face two problems simultaneously. The other name of menstruation acne is hormonal acne and it occurs during the monthly cycles only. But this kind of acne also occurs when a woman is pregnant
Acne during menstruation occurs owing to the hormonal changes going in the female body. It might be
visible before7-8 days of the onset
of menstruation and usually subside as soon as menstruation starts.
How to Prevent Menstruation Acne
There are some of the effective ways in which menstruation acne can be treated as well as prevented in women. Here are some of the things which you might do:
- Always keep your face as well as hands clean. Wash off at regular intervals to prevent deposition of any impurities which might lead to clogging of the skin pores and thereby acne breakouts.
- Prevent your skin from getting too much dry as this too might be a cause of acne. Use a mild cleanser for cleaning your face.
- Keep your skin well nourished and smooth and for this make sure you are using a good moisturizer.
- Take care of what you are eating during this time. Include more of protein rich diet as well as soy products. Have an omega rich diet and for this you may bank upon fish as well as flaxseeds.
- Reduce the level of stress which is often one of the main causes of acne during menstruation. Also Read: How to Get Rid of Dark Spots from Acne
6. Perform yoga or meditation to get rid of stress and anxiety. It not just gives your mind freshness but even your skin tends to feel better.
7. Take multivitamin supplements in order to repair the skin cells which might be damaged.
8. Increase the amount of water you take on a daily basis because water helps to flush out the toxins and keep your skin clean from within.
9. If you are an avid smoker, it is high time to stop smoking because smoking too might lead to acne flares.
10. Include more of vitamin A, E and C in diet during your monthly cycle. Vitamin A contains retinoids which helps in preventing hormonal acne, it also has beta- carotene which is a compound known to prevent acne inducing bacteria from occurring. Vitamin E helps in regulating the retinol levels while Vitamin C helps in removing the skin impurities and keeps your skin clean. Read: Homemade Face Masks for Acne Scars
Natural Home Remedies for Treating Menstruation Acne
Apart from the tips mentioned above, there are some of the natural remedies too which can be opted in case the acne or pimples have already came up on your face and you really don’t know what to do. Follow these simple remedies to clear up your face from acne and pimples during your monthly cycle:
Natural Remedy for Keeping Skin Pores Clean During Menstruation:
In order to keep your skin pores clean and prevent clogging, you need to take a bowl and add to it 1 tbsp of castor oil, 1tbsp of olive oil and ½ tbsp of rose essential oil. Just mix all these oils together and apply on the pimples. Gently massage with your fingers so that it penetrates deep into the skin. Next, take a cotton cloth and put it in warm water, squeeze the water and now apply it on the affected skin. Leave it for 10 minutes on your face and then remove. This is known as oil cleansing method for treating acne. It extracts all the skin impurities as well as acne causing bacteria from the skin. (Do Read: Homemade Acne Spot Treatment For Getting rid of Dark Spots Naturally)
Natural Remedy for Removing Dead Skin Cells During Menstruation
In order to remove the dead and damaged skin cells from your face, you need to apply a natural facial exfoliant. In a bowl take 1 tbsp of baking soda and 1 tbsp of water and mix the two well together to make a fine paste. Now wet your skin and apply this paste on your face and gently massage. Baking soda is known as one of the best natural exfoliants. After few minutes just wash off using lukewarm water.
Natural Remedy for Tightening Skin During Menstruation
At times it has been a common complaint of many women that their skin becomes quite loose, sagging and dull during monthly cycle. Thus, here is a natural remedy which will not just help to prevent dark spots from acne but also keep your skin tight. Take an empty spray bottle and add to it 8 ounce of lemon juice and 10 drops of pure tree oil and mix them well together. Spray this on your face at least thrice a day. It serves as one of the best antimicrobial facial toner. It needs to be told that tea tree oil is considered one of the best oils for fighting acne causing bacteria. Also Read: How to Relieve Menstrual Cramps Naturally
These are simple yet effective tips which you may resort to once you see acne flaring up during your monthly periods. Hope these are going to be good to you and for your skin too.
I would really be happy to know your feedback and suggestions if you have been applying any of the natural remedies for curing acne during menstruation. Please do leave your views in the comment box below.
More by this Author
how to get rid of dark spots from acne, follow natural home remedies for dark marks and acne scars, know the face masks for dark spots from acne and how you can prevent acne naturally
Homemade Acne Spot Treatment for Getting Rid of Dark Spots, know various natural treatments for reducing skin blemishes, acne scars, brown spots. Try these homemade recipes fr getting flawless skin.
Coconut Oil for age spots is one of the best natural treatment for age spots, you will also learn about various skin care benefits of coconut oil, it is best homemade treatment for your skin