Best Beard Trimmers
In this article we will try to help you to pick the best beard trimmer, for your beard trimming needs. To that end we are going to look at 2 beard trimmers. Our top pick best beard trimmer ever and then our value for money budget beard trimmer.
Men grow beards for different reasons. Some men's skin doesn't respond well to shaving, some men grow beards as an expression of their individuality, others just like the rugged good look of a beard.
Which ever the case may be getting the right beard trimmer can make you look and feel great.
Philips Norelco T980 Turbo Vacuum Trimmer
This unit is light, easy to operate and has precision blades that cut evenly.
The T980 has a vacuum attachment which sucks the cut hair out, as you use the unit. It like everything on the trimmer works well.
There are 9 length settings on the T980, so you can get your beard cut to the exact length you want it to be.
The T980 has self sharpening blades, so you can use the trimmer for much longer than other units.
The T980's precision attachment will let you make those small changes, without the danger of cutting yourself.
You can use the T980 cordlessly with it's rechargeable battery or with the cord.
This unit comes with a 2 year warranty which gives you plenty of peace of mind.
If you want a trimmer that's going to make you happy, this really is the best beard trimmer.
Wahl 9918-6171 Groomsman
The Groomsman costs around half of the T980 and it delivers great bang for your buck.
The Wahl comes with a 3 year limited warranty.
You can use it with the cord or cordlessly works great either way. The Wahl really is one of those items that lasts forever.
This model has 6 cutting distance settings.
Beard grooming tips
- Don't trim your beard when it's wet. Wet hair is longer, so you might end up trimming too much.
- Don't cut your beard too short. The shorter your beard the harder the hair and the ladies don't like short beards.
- Use a shave guard to get a uniform shave. It looks much better than a shaggy beard.
- If you are having trouble balancing the beard, on the sides of your face. Try starting below the ear and then working down, do the same on the other side.
- Stray hairs can be removed with a trim razor, don't try to pluck them.
- Just like with the hair on your head, shampoo your beard regularly. Using a mild shampoo is best for your skin.
- You should try using conditioner on your beard. It does wonders for some beards.
- After washing, comb your beard with a wide toothed comb.
Frequently asked beard questions
1. Will I look better with a beard?
There are so many different kinds of beards and faces, that this is very difficult question to answer. What I suggest you do is to start with a short beard. Then grow it longer. Have a look in the mirror to see which length you like best and get some feedback from your friends. After trying a number of lengths, cut it down to the one that works best for you.
2. How can I make my beard thicker?
Thicker beards are more manly, but there is nothing you can do to make your beard thicker. You just have to go with what your genes gave you.
3. My beard is making my face itch. How can I stop it from itching?
You need to shampoo and condition your beard, just like the hair on your head. Otherwise the skin under the beard may dry out and itch. Short beards are more prone to itching than longer beards.
No comments yet.
More by this Author
Ask any girl: What do you look for in a guy? The first answer is usually: a good sense of humor. With guys it is an important dating factor, but not quite as vital as with girls. If you think about it, being funny...
Flip phones have become very popular because they are compact, stylish and flip phones have their screens on the inside, protecting them from scratches. Traditionally flip phones weren't as powerful as other phones, but...
Join me as I compare the top 10 content management systems. Find out which CMS is right for your site.