Black Evening dresses: ''The art of wearing and accessorizing black''
Black dresses are a must for every woman's wardrobe. It is considered a color of authority and power. It is popularly known for making a woman appear thinner.
Introduced in the 1920s, black dresses are sexy, timeless, chic, sensational and are always in style and can be worn for any occasion. It can be worn for work, as casuals and even for an evening out.
An evening out is the best time to show your friends how impeccable your taste is. With the right accessories you can look sensational in your little black evening dress.
How to wear a black dress
Wearing a black evening dress may seem simple, all you have to do is just wear it. right? Wrong!! Dressing up in black and accessorizing requires a little bit of imagination on your part.
When not worn properly it tends to give you that drab appearance. There are so many things to be considered when wearing a black evening dress. From your skin tone to your hair color to the 'many' shades of black.
Black dresses do not flatter all complexions. If you have a pale skin or an olive skin you may want to wear another shade of black like dark grey or navy.
Make sure your black dress is a perfect fit, not too tight or too loose as it will stick out like a sore thumb.
If your black dress has a lot of designs particularly at the top, do not wear too many jewelries as it will make you look like a piece of unprofessional artwork.
Consider what style you want to wear. Look for details that flatter your figure, a strapless dress is good to show off your lovely shoulders;an empire style will flatter your waistline. Do you want a long black dress which exudes elegance or a short 'mini' black dress for a versatile look.
Clutch bags to accessorize
Accessorize your black dress
- Cut the bland look by mixing your black evening dress with cool colors like (powder blue and olive green) and warm colors (like yellow, purple, pink or even red) in the form of a sash or wide belt. Scarves are also very chic and makes a beautiful layered effect
- Belts (depending on the outfit, your personality and your body shape) will give your dress a different and defined look.
- Get that classic, timeless look with a string of white pearly necklace and ear studs, you will be looking glamorous all night
- Wear bold jewelries that sparkle to draw attention to your upper body. Hoop or dangling earrings (for strapless dress) - a touch of gold or silver jewelries can also do the trick. Stick to one color of jewelry, if you want to wear yellow gold make it yellow throughout, if white gold make it white gold all the way.
- A Layered necklace is also avery stylish accessory for any woman who wants to flaunt her long and graceful neck and great shoulders
- To keep up to trend accessorize with a chunky bangle for a funky look. A diamond bangle bracelet is a classy choice for anyone to lend a contemporary and sleek flavor to your little black dress.
- A great way to wear a little black dress is to comb your hair back for a really classic look, wear simple jewelries and use a bow or a hair piece to accessorise your hair.
- Carry a simple clutch bag with a splash of color to match your shoes and contrast with your black dress to spruce up your look. When using clutch bags, do not carry the conventional rectangular edged one, a rounded more contemporary style will give you a more chic look.
- Drop those black shoes. Keep away from dark colored shoes dark blue or brown. When your black dress is worn with silver stilettos, platforms or pumps they make you look a bit taller, your calves look longer, lean and lovely. Red patent shoes and matching bag can give that sexy touch. Only wear black shoes(preferably patent shoes) with your black dress if it's a formal outing)
- Create a little drama with your make up. You will be surprise what it can do to change your image. Bright cherry red lipstick can make a statement. Make the focus of your make up the eye or the lips, NOT both.
Dare to be adventurous with your colors. Look at your mirror or ask for an honest opinion before you leave your house. You will be just fine.
Comments 6 comments
- Little Black Dress Accessories for a Timeless, Sexy Evening or Casual Look
Learn how classic little black dress can be perfect for any occasion; the right fashion jewelry, handbag, high heeled shoes, scarf and other accessories ranging from vintage to trendy.
- Little Black Dress Accessories - products and services from Little Black Dresses By Hot Fash.com
We encourage you to search through our entire collection of little black dress accessories for the perfect little black dress accessories that match you.
- Video: What not to wear
- How To Accessorize Your Black Dress & Little Black Dress Accessories Tips How to Accessorize yo
A little black dress is a wardrobe staple that most women depend on for an evening out. And in most cases this is the best dress.
More by this Author
Valentine's Day 2012 is here. It is time to start brainstorming valentines day ideas for boyfriend. You know, that one you have been planning since the last valentines day. Apart from the many valentines day ideas you...
- 8Visual Impairment in Children: Identifying Causes, Signs & Symptoms and Learning How To Support Them
Visual impairment in children is a term used to describe a functional loss of vision either fully or partially. With a partial vision, the child may not have lost their sight completely but it so bad that they have to...
A flush valve, also known as the fill valve, is the most likely to become problematic in your toilet tank setup. If you hear your toilet running constantly, then you may be losing water through a leaking flush valve ...