Afro Textured Hair Care Tips; Loose Two Strand Twists and Senegalese Twists
Loose Two Strand Twists
11 Benefits of Loose Two Strand Twists Protective Style
- Shampoo and condition hair in about 9-11 chunky twist of your own hair. (This technique keeps the hair from getting tangled during the washing process).
- You don't ever have to use a comb with this hairstyle, just gently finger-detangle each twist-section, as you prepare to install the loose two-strand twist extensions.
- You can make different hairstyles with loose two strand twists using a couple of bobby-pins. (Choose to do large twists or medium size twists).
- If this hairstyle is wore for at least one year, it will grow very long. Of course, redo a full head of twists each month, remembering to do a deep conditioning as well.
- Lightly moisturize the ends of the twists every night before going to bed, this will assists with retaining the length.
- Lightly mist the scalp also every night with a braid-spray, Afro-textured hair is like a flower- garden that needs to be sprinkled with water often for it to flourish.
- You can use the end of a rat-tail comb for parting the hair into twist-sections, but avoid combing the hair. (If you have to use a comb, a wide-toothed comb is cool to use if your not practicing the finger-combing method).
- Wearing a silk-like fabric bonnet at night can prevent the hair from rubbing on bed linens.
- To make your loose two strand twists style last at least a month, braid with three strands starting at the scalp about less than 1/4 inch, and then begin twisting with two strands all the way to the ends.
- After shampooing and conditioning, you may also blow-dry these hair twists on a low heat setting and apply a deep conditioner as the hair blow-dries. (Avoid drying the hair totally, let the hair have a slight dampness).
- This hairstyle can be worn with twists-extensions or just your own hair as two strand twists.
Prevent Damaged Hair
- Avoid shampoos and other hair products with harsh sulfates that may strip your hair, causing dryness and breakage.
- The best shampoo to use on African American hair are shampoos with protein; your hair is made of protein, and protein shampoos are compatible with hair. Protein shampoos prevents your hair from further damage, and it repairs the hair strands.
- Use wide teeth combs for detangling your hair.
- Avoid the ingredient (propylene glycol) it will break down the proteins and the cellular structure of your hair.
- Use natural hair products: Orange Citrus Shea Butter Hair Cream Moisturizer Whipped with Essential Oils promotes long hair.
- Drink 32-64 ounces of water daily.
- Stay in the sunshine for 15 minutes daily, for faster hair growth. The sunshine contains vitamin D which helps with having healthier hair, skin, and fingernails.
- Another great shampoo to use is herbal; the herbal shampoos help "Afro textured hair" to retain its moisture; and it also helps the hair to grow. With herbal shampoos you can shampoo your hair more often; at least 1-2 times a week.
- Avoid products with alcohol; Afro textured hair already tends to dry in 3 days from lack of moisturizer and dehydration. Alcohol products and chemical perms dry the hair-shaft even more.
- Afro textured hairstyles; Kinky Hair Twists, 360 Waves, Individual Braids, Locks, Braid Outs, Corn Rows, Weaves, Crochet Braids, Afros, Box Braids, Flat Twists, or Loose Two Strand Twists.
Watch video - How to do Kinky Hair Twists
More Hair Care Tips
9. Use one bottle of Biotin vitamins twice a year, and use as directed on the bottle for faster healthy hair growth. Biotin vitamins can be for hair that grows slow, thin hair, balding edges, and damaged hair.
11. Avoid excessive heat from hairdryers, flat irons, and pressing combs; Hair straightening styles can be wore occasionally for special events, etc. Avoid stressful situations and subjects as much as possible.
12. Laugh with others, watch comedies, and obtain a joke book. Laughter is the best medicine.
13. Trim damaged split ends for better hairstyles and growth, trim/clip ends every 5 months.
14. If you wear ponytails from time to time, avoid wearing the cloth made scrunchies. Wear the silk or polyester made scrunchies.
15. African American's hair tends to be dryer than other races of people hair. Always use conditioning-shampoos when shampooing your hair. Then use a deep conditioner such as Cholesterol conditioner. After that use a little leave-in conditioning, and a hair cream that contains essential oils.
16. Avoid using hot water to wash your hair; using cool water keeps your hair fuller and healthier. Hot water will strip the hair and make it brittle.
17. The less times you comb and brush your hair, the faster it will grow. Finger-comb the hair instead.
18. Avoid products that contain petroleum, because it may slow hair growth.
19. Avoid using hair gels on your hairline edges, they have glue as an ingredient.
20. Do 3-7 days a week to keep proper blood circulation flowing through your body which may prevent blood clots. Proper blood circulation assist in making your hair grow as well (as mentioned above). cardio exercise
21. Use Orange Citrus Shea Butter Hair Cream Moisturizer Whipped with Essential Oils; apply to your hair 3-5 times a week.
♥♥ Wearing chemical perms will eventually damage your hair, hairline edges, and prevent new hair growth! The same ingredients of perms are in Liquid Drano (unclogs plumbing pipe-solution). ♥♥
Loose Two-Strand Twists
Benefits of going Natural
- Self-love and appreciation
- Rock'n your natural hair keeps moisture longer and perms don't.
- Less split ends with natural hair, more split ends with permed hair.
- No more dry and itchy scalp with your natural hair, perms keep scalps dry, itchy, and irritated.
- Natural hair doesn't cause scabs or alopecia, but perms cause scabs, soars, burns, and alopecia.
- It's inspirational and spiritual; more black people are going natural than in recent years before now.
- Embrace kinky-curly hair, take back the power over what is the standard of beauty for kinky-curly styles and the products we choose to use?
- Allowing yourself to really learn what hair products your hair likes and don't like. After all, hair that grows from the scalp is alive and not dead. Know what your wants.
- Potential to having longer fuller hair than with perms. What is good hair to you? Good hair is healthy hair. Everyone wants healthy hair/good hair, it’s a journey that we have to accomplish and maintain; A beautiful journey.
How Long is Your Natural Hair Progression?See results without voting
Orange Citrus Shea Butter Hair Cream $6.98
- Orange Citrus Shea Butter Hair Cream Moisturizer Whipped with Essential Oils 4oz | eBay
Orange Citrus Shea Butter Hair Cream Moisturizer Whipped with Essential Oils 4oz in Health & Beauty, Hair Care & Styling, Styling Products | eBay
© 2011 Brinafr3sh
More by this Author
Shoe trends from the 80s will always come back in style. Also the fashion trends of the 80s will always come back in style, we see it in fashion today.
Hot combs are used by different races of people to straighten the hair, for a relaxed look. Hot combing the hair can be an alternative for perming the hair.
Afeni Shakur, the mother of Tupac Shakur, was a former member of the Black Panther Party for Self Defense. Ms. Shakur was a strong black woman, a philanthropist, and a Christian woman.