Sexy Boots Give You That Feeling of Power
I was four years old the year Nancy Sinatra's "These Boots Are Made For Walking" was released. I quite vividly remember having a pair of white cowgirl boots that I adored. I remember hearing Nancy sing that song and jumping up to stomp around the room in my boots.
There's just something sassy about boots, any boots. Even at four, wearing boots gave me attitude. I was strutting my stuff and loving every minute of it.
I have previously written a hub about being a grade school-er when I was first introduced to laced-up Victorian boots. Black Victorian boots represent strength and power to me. I knew some day I would own a pair and I did. I've got my eyes on another new pair.
If you've never worn boots, or haven't tried them in awhile, you owe it to yourself to shop around and find some boots. With the arrival of fall, it's the perfect time to dress up and get sassy.
"These Boots Are Made For Walking" by Nancy Sinatra
Types of Women's Boots
- Wedge Boots: These provide a bit more stability that normal boots with a heel. Wedge soles are thick and cover the entire bottom of the sole. If you aren't used to heels, these are good option.
- Stiletto Boots: These generally have very skinny, very tall heels that are typically associated with sexiness. If you've got the legs and ability to walk in these, go for it.
- Ankle Boots: These boots are generally made to wear with jeans or slacks that will be covering the top of the boot. This are an excellent choice if you don't care to have boots that cover your calves or have calves that create sizing challenges for you.
- Platform Boots: These boots generally have extremely thick soles and high heels. These boots work well for the more casual look. These are often seen with camo or cargo type pants.
- Sweater Boots: These boots provide comfort and warmth and look nice with bulky sweaters and jeans.
- Cowboy/Cowgirl Boots: There are many styles to chose from. I like the western scrunch type boot shown below. These look great with jeans or dresses. Don't forget lace-up Ropers.
- Go-go Boots: These are your typical patent leather or vinyl knee-hi boots. There are tons of heel choices.
- Ugg Boots: These are popular among younger girls to wear with jeans. They are flat boots and often fleece lines.
- Moccasin Boots: These have been around a long time and compliment a western/Native American look. They are surprisingly comfy.
- Thigh-high Boots: These boots are not the most practical. I'm not sure if there are any places you can wear them in public that doesn't conjure up the word "hooker" in most people's minds. I'm guessing that having leather or vinyl up above your knees must summon quite a bit of attitude in order to pull off wearing them in public. You're braver than I.
- Work or Combat Boots: These are ultra casual but can be cute with the right outfit.
- Victorian Lace-Up Boots: My absolute classiest favorite. These boots scream femininity and strength at the same time. The sexiest of all boots in my opinion.
Great Boot Resources and Links
- Womens Boots - Free Shipping & Return Shipping - Shoebuy.com
Shop Womens Boots with a price guarantee and top rated customer service. Choose from top name brand Womens Boots styles, colors, sizes and widths.
- Boots - LoveToKnow Shoes
More by this Author
Philtrum? For those of you not familiar with this part of the human anatomy, it's that groove just above your upper lip and just below your nose situated between your nostrils. The word philtrum is from the Greek word...
Victorian lace-up boots are a must for any woman wanting to feel sexy and in charge. Read about how I came to love them.
A fascinating look at Beatrice Wood, the woman James Cameron modeled Rose Dewitt Bukater Calvert after in the movie "Titanic".