Busy Mom’s Inexpensive Beauty Secret: Bare Minerals Makeup
If there is one beauty secret that saves my life each and every day it’s my Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals makeup. I had seen this makeup advertised on TV for years before I finally tried it, and after three years using it, I can say I’ll never use anything else. (That is, unless something better comes out!) Bare Minerals is simply the easiest, most convenient, nicest, most economical makeup I’ve ever used.
Isn’t Bare Minerals Expensive?
Before I started using it, my biggest objection with Bare Minerals makeup was that it seemed really expensive. The basic kits I saw advertised on TV sold for around $60. For a girl who never spent more than $12 on foundation at the grocery store, that was too much. However, once I finally bit the bullet and forked over my hard earned cash I was pleasantly surprised.
That initial set last me over 8 months! And I wear makeup every day. The foundation sells for about $25 a container and I can never remember the last time I bought one. Also, you can get amazing deals on the shopping channels or their online affiliates. So no, Bare Minerals is not expensive when you realize how long it lasts. A little truly goes a very long way!
Note: I have met a lot of people who don’t like Bare Minerals because they say it looks shiny on their skin. I’ve experienced this only a few times, and it was when I had too much of the product on. Though this makeup isn’t right for everyone, the shiny factor may in fact be due to using too much.
My Favorite Things About Bare Minerals
Aside from the fact that it’s economical, here are my other favorite reasons to continue using this makeup:
- Busy moms like me are often going all day long. With Bare Minerals you can put a little makeup on in the morning and add more later in the day without getting that nasty, cakey gunk in the crevices! Because there’s only one step (as opposed to liquid foundation followed by powder, for example.
- The powder blush lasts FOREVER. Seriously, I don’t know how you could ever get to the bottom of the full size blush or bronzer (called ‘Warmth’).
- The eyeshadow powders can be used dry, or wet to create liner.
- The concealer, ‘Well Rested’, is the best I’ve ever used. Don’t think it’s a good idea to put powder under your eyes? Me neither. And I can’t tell you how it works. Just try it and you’ll be amazed!
- They come out periodically with really cool color combos that take the guess work out of matching shadow, blush, and lip gloss. Because who has time to figure that out? Not me.
Is Lela Getting Paid by Bare Minerals?
No, but I should be don’t you think? At least I could use some free samples… Note to Bare Escentuals: I’m available!
Love, love, love Bare Minerals!
Moms, do yourself a favor and get some today!
More by this Author
Are you looking for good open ended questions for children? We have a list of 50 questions that act as conversation starters for children.
Breast tenderness is one of the most common signs of early pregnancy. Breasts (including nipples) may become sensitive. There are, however, ways to alleviate discomfort.
Find out the early signs of being pregnant, when most women start seeing them, and how to know if you're really pregnant. Hint: You need to take a pregnancy test.