Serpentine, The Stone That Helps Restore Confidence
What is serpentine?
Serpentine is a natural stone whose color is predominately green. It is a translucent waxy silicate of magnesium that has the waxy feel to the surface.
The serpentine stone is actually a mass of tiny inter grown crystals. It comes in shades of green, olive, ochre, brown and black.
It received it's name because it is thought to resemble a snake's skin. Some of the finer pieces can sometimes be mistaken for jade.
Types of Serpentine
- Antigonite ~ dark blue/green in color
- Lizardite ~ finely grained medium green shades, received its name because it is mined on Lizard Peninsula in the United Kingdom
- Bowenite ~ light seafoam green to apple green, somewhat transparent
- Retinalite ~ yellowish to yellowish-green
- Williamsite ~ close in color to jade
There are many types of serpentine, I named the favorites.
Uses and Healing Powers
- Cleanses aura
- can give assistance to the disorders in all parts of the body, including emotional state, mental state, and physical state
- aids the clearing of blocked areas
- brings chakras back in balance
- can help people reach their business and personal dreams and desires
- promotes good luck
- balances hormones and assists in milk production in nursing mothers
- restores confidence, dispels fear and enhances meditation
A Few Legends
- The serpentine stone was used as protection against sorcery and the dark acts by the Romans. It was believed that have the stone somewhere on the body gave them the protection they needed.
- In the Middle Ages the stone was made in such a way that it could house medicine. It was believed to increase the healing powers of the medicine as well as make it last longer.
- In America it was considered as a guardian of vital energy as well as a protector of the soul against invisible powers.
Buying Serpentine Jewelry Online
- hsn.com ~ This website is a great on to go to for a wide selection of designer styles. Their departments include: bracelet, earrings, necklaces, and pendants. The featured designers are: designs by Veronica, Jess David, Mine Finds by Jay King, Noa Zuma Jewelry Designs, Statements by Amy Kahn Russell, Studio Barse, Technibond, The Lovejoy Collection and Treasures of Thailand by Sally C.
- luckygemstores.com ~ This website has a wonderful variety of styles and variety of serpentine. Their jewelry types include: earrings, brooches, pendants, necklaces, and bracelets. The variety selection of serpentine stones include: Antigonite, Lizardite, Bowenite, Retinalite, and Williamsite.
- novica.com ~ This is a great website, they have a large collection of styles and types. They feature serpentine stones from the Andes, Brazil, and Thailand. The type list is as follows: earrings, necklaces, bracelets, jewelry sets, brooches, and pendants. They carry the following styles: pendant, dangle, drop earrings, choker, floral, modern and abstract.
- jewelrydelmundo.com ~ On this website you will find a beautiful selection of handmade jewelry. The categories are: bracelets, necklaces, earrings, jewelry sets, and rings.
- tradestonegallery.com ~ The serpentine stone on this website comes from Russia. They have a small but very nice selection of bracelets and necklaces.
- artfulsoul.com ~ I included this website because of their beautiful presentation of their small but lovely serpentine jewelry. They are offering 2 necklaces and 2 bracelets for sell.
- Serpentine And Its Magical Properties
Serpentine, although not an altogether beautiful stone is precious still. This stone has quite the history among the ancient ones like the Romans and even America, something I will talk about later. This stone can be found in the United States,...
- Crystal Energy Healing
Every thing in the universe is made up of some sort of energy. The chair you are sitting on, the cup on the table, your own body. If you magnify the item you will reach the atomic level where everything is...
- Jade Gemstone Meaning and Metaphysical Properties
Jade gemstone is believed to be able to instill peace, wisdom and balance. Jade's spiritual properties are very pronounced. This ancient token of peace and calm is an extraordinarily strong tool which can help...
- Serpentine or New Jade Gemstones
Serpentine seems of got its name from the word serpent as it resembles of its color and markings resembling the skin of snake. It is also referred to as New Jade though it is not a Jade gemstone.It has a hardness rating of 2.5 to 5.5 and is used for
More by this Author
Your wedding is the most important day of your life. There are so many things to it will make you dizzy. A comprehensive list of things to do and when to do then will become your best friend.
Marie Osmond is a very talented woman. She can sing, act, and design.
Different styles look better on some than others. We all want to look good, that's a given. To look your best, you need to dress for your body type.