Bye Bye Boring Hair
Tired of the same hairstyle? Most of us wake up in the morning, shower, dry our hair and throw it back or just put product in it and we are out the door!! Want some style and some fun options that take no time to do?
Below are some different options and hairstyles that you will love and will give you a variety of looks throughout the week.
How-To: This is an easy twist on a basic braid. Run a dab of anti-frizz serum through dry hair. Gather into a low side pony, and split into two sections. Take a small piece of hair from underneath one section and bring it over the top to the other side; do the same with the opposite section. Repeat down the length of your hair until finished.
Try: Tresemme Fresh Start No-Frizz Creme $5 (drugstores)
Sexy Side Braid
- Brush hair thoroughly and make sure knots and tangles are out before braiding
- Start by separating hair into three pieces, more if you want. Make sure you start underneath the ear.
- Take the section of hair which is furthest to the right and cross it over the center piece.
- Take the section of hair which is furthest to the left and cross if over the center piece, which should now be the piece that was originally furthest to the right.
- Continue the process that was described in steps 3 and 4.
- Leave about 1/2 an inch of hair upbraided. Tie an elastic band at the end to secure the braid.
There is also another popular side braid that is inspired by Lauren Conrad. Watch the how to video!!
High Volume Pony
- Divide hair from ear to ear over the top of your head. Clip that front section out of the way
- At the crown of your head, take a two-inch section of the remaining hair and tease the area near your scalp to create the bouffant behind the headband. Messy is fine, you will be covering it up anyways.
- Un-clip the front section and smooth it back over the teased area, gathering all of your hair into a low ponytail. Keep a one-inch section of your longest hair and secure the rest with a hair elastic
- Wrap the rest of the hair around the hair band and secure underneath with a bobby pin.
- Slip on a cute headband!
No Heat Waves
- Wash your hair as normal before bed
- Towel or air dry until your hair is 80% dry
- Work in a mousse from root to tip of your hair and apply leave in conditioner to the end of your hair. The mousse will hold the style longer and the conditioner will provide some shine. Comb through your hair with a wide toothed comb or use your fingers.
- Braid your hair into pigtails and secure with elastic bands. You can also make a few tiny braids on each side instead to get smaller looking curls.
- Sleep on it
- When you get up take out each braid and slowly and gently run your fingers through you hair
- You've got waves!!
More by this Author
The bedroom is one of the most important rooms in the house. Your bed should be comfortable and desirable. If your bedroom decor need some improvement, but you don't have a lot of money to spend, why not revive your...