Care for Your Skin and Body The Natural Way
Home-made Food Grade Skin and Body Products
Imagine having to slurp your own body lotion. Yes, that's right. You can make your own products to nourish your skin. It could cost more than your ordinary products but hey, they don't come as natural as this. So here goes:
1. Skin Scrub - you may use brown sugar or ground coffee. Ground coffee's nice because it is also an antioxidant. Wet your face with some water and apply the coffee in circular motions. Do the same with your whole body specially the rough parts of the elbow, the knees, the feet and on the nape.
2. Body Lotion - reduce coffee by boiling 2 tablespoons of coffee in 2 cups water until it comes up to about 1/2 cup. put this infusion in the blender. Add in about 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil and 1/2 cup virgin coconut oil, 1/2 cup whipping cream, and about 5 drops tea tree oil. whip it all up for about 2 minutes.
Another way is to mix yogurt with some honey and essential oil. That's it. just spread it on your skin and let the whole thing work it's magic.
3. Face Mask - put 1 egg yolk in a blender. Add in 1 teaspoon honey, 1/2 teaspoon juice of fresh lemon. Blend and add virgin coconut oil by drop up to about 1/2 cup. Use this after a facial scrub. Leave on for as long as you can. When you do put on the face mask, it is advisable to take a nap with a slice of fresh cucumber on each eye to make eye bags go away. Have fun giving yourself a treat!
4. Facial treatment. Do any of the following:
- make a mask of eggyolk and lemon or even calamansi. apply on face for as long as you want.
- apply yogurt or whey on face to treat acne and fungi and have a smooth skin too
- apply and leave on for 5 minutes any of the following fruits: avocado (for dry skin), papaya, or lemon
- virgin coconut oil when applied daily can actually diminish fine lines.
- mix some fine salt, coconut oil and juice of fresh pineapple to make a facial scrub. However, a scrub should be done every 2 weeks as it is abrasive and will scratch your skin no matter how fine your ingredients are.
5. Shampoo - To get rid of smelly hair due to chemical build up, use baking soda in place of shampoo by simply rubbing the powdered substance directly to your scalp. Rinse after a few seconds as it can actually irritate the scalp when used for more than 20 seconds. Or, get a gugo bark and add water to it while rubbing briskly. The bubbly water should be applied to the hair and scalp. For a softer straighter hair, apply lemon after shampoo and leave it on as long as you like, preferably overnight and rinse with water when done. For overly dry hair, use orange instead and apply virgin coconut oil to hair after rinsing.
6. Hair treatment - take some aloe vera gel from freshly picked aloe. Mash it and blend with some honey and virgin coconut oil. If you can get hold of some hibiscus, get the juice and blend it in too. Add 1/2 teaspoon turmeric and about a tablespoon of grapeseed oil. Mix them all together. Shampoo hair and pat to take out excess water. Apply the aloe vera mixture on the hair from roots to tips. Let it stay for about 30 minutes or more if you like. rinse.
Still, the most basic way of maintaining the body and keeping it beautiful as a consequence is daily exercise, proper diet and ample rest. That cannot be over emphasized. Drink lots of water and juices. The lack of fluids in the body makes the skin dry. Most juices on the other hand are rich in vitamins and minerals that can make you healthy. A daily intake of Kefir can detox your body and prevent you from getting ill from a lot of ilnesses. Remember, a healthy body has a healthy and fresh looking skin and glowing, bouncy hair.
Take a poll
Would you use non-food cosmetics on your body?See results without voting
More by this Author
Would you believe that coughing is a good thing? Yes it is as it is the body's way of protecting and curing itself from foreign elements that attack it. It is a reflex just like the way you jerk and remove your hand...
No comments yet.