Colored Duct Tape
Why Use Colored Duct Tape?
Colored duct tape isn't something that you'll probably need a lot, but when you do need it it's sometimes extremely hard to find. As I'm sure you've already realized, the standard, silver-colored duct tape that can be found at any gas station or hardware shop is really easy to find. However, if you're looking to find any other color variations, then you've most likely had some trouble, which is probably why you're reading this right now.
The main reason that I'm sharing all of this information about colored duct tape is because I just dressed up for a crazy event called Bay To Breakers in San Francisco which required me to put together a unique and creative outfit. Well, I had an outfit pretty much picked out, but once my friends showed up with some colored (neon) duct tape, my outfit went from being pretty awesome to being one of the greatest outfits of the entire event (which is saying a lot!). By adding the colored duct tape into my outfit it took it to a whole new level and from now on anytime that I need a costume, colored duct tape will be part of it.
Unmatched Flexibility And Creativity
One of the reasons that duct tape has always been a favorite product of so many people is that it such a flexible and reliable product. Whether you're using it to fix something, hold something together or patch something up, duct tape is always a solid option for doing just about anything.
But, of the other great things about duct tape is that it can be used in so many creative ways. For example, there are entire sites dedicated to duct tape fashion and there's also many people out there who love to carry a duct tape wallet. Well, without colored duct tape, many of these creative uses of the super durable sticky adhesive wouldn't be nearly as popular as they are today. Nothing against the original silver, but in my honest opinion it never hurts to add some color.
Colored Duct Tape Clothes And Costumes
One of the uses of colored duct tape that I'd like to focus on is how it can add to costumes and clothing. Like I said earlier, I used some neon colored duct tape to add some serious awesomeness to a crazy outfit that I put together and it really made me realize just how useful a few rolls of this stuff can be.
When thinking about including some colored duct tape into your clothing or outfit, just remember that unless you're making your entire outfit out of duct tape, a little bit can go a long way. In other words, try not to overdo it or you'll just end up looking like a roll of ragged duct tape instead of the awesome image that you initially had in your mind when you starting sticking the colored duct tape anywhere and everywhere.
Here are a few other tips on how you can maximize the impact on your use of colored duct tape when adding it to your outfit or costume:
- Feel free to experiment with making certain sections of your outfit with your colored duct tape, not necessarily the whole thing. It will be easier to wear and will end up saving you a lot of time.
- Duct tape is pretty cheap, so be sure to buy at least a couple rolls of each color that you're planning on using. Running out of the stuff is probably the last thing that you want to happen.
- Get some help from others if you're able to find yourself a willing volunteer. There's several spots on your body that you simply can't reach and we don't want you hurting yourself.
- While you're adding your colored duct tape to whatever you're going to wear, be sure to remember that you're going to probably need to go to the bathroom at some point while wearing it. I forgot about this and it wasn't a good situation at all.
- Don't just add the colored duct tape to clothes, experiment with creating some creative accessories to top off your outfit. You can make some pretty cool-looking stuff without spending a ton of time on it, so why not?
More by this Author
Don't worry, you can still eat peanut butter without worrying about all of the fat and calories that come with it.
All of the things you should think about when trying to take unique and creative engagement photos.
An easy to understand plan for working out your upper body that includes images and videos.