Creative Nail Art DIY: Newspaper Nails
Nails are not just a part of our hands and feet but it could also be an accessory. The type of nails we have influences people's perception of us. If you agree or disagree with this, please let me know by writing something in the comment section below. Nails can also be a sign of our health status and can be an indicator of any serious health condition. I will be doing another hub (hopefully) about Fingernails Nail Colour Health Indicator in a jiffy and will be updating this. However, I will be teaching you in this hub, a unique way to beautify your nails.
This NEWSPAPER NAIL ART is very easy to make and the resulting nails would definitely capture anyone's attention. Feel free to share, bookmark and suggest this. :)
WHAT YOU NEED
- Nail Polish (white or any other colour of your own choosing)
- Top Coat
- Newspaper clippings
- Your nails
STEP 1. PAINT YOUR NAILS
Paint your nails with any colour of nail polish you want. Do two coatings if possible. Suggested nail polish colours are white, grey and other colours which would not have so much contrast with the newspaper's black ink.
STEP 2. DIP NEWSPAPER
There are two ways to transfer the newspaper ink onto your nails.
- One way is to dip the newspaper clippings in a container filled with alcohol before transferring.
- Another way would be to dip your nails in the alcohol-filled container or dab alcohol on it using cotton before sticking the newspaper.
See the photos below.
STEP 3. TRANSFER THE INK
- If you are using the first method (of dipping the newspaper itself into the bowl of alcohol), directly stick the wet newspaper clipping onto your nails for a couple of seconds. Make sure that the newspaper does not spend too long in your nails that it dries out. If this happens, it would stick and would be difficult to remove. Just wet it again with alcohol and it should be easy to take out.
- If you are using the second method (of dipping your nails into the bowl of alcohol), dip nails for about thirty seconds (half a minute), take out and directly stick the newspaper clipping. Apply enough pressure on it for about five-ten seconds and remove the newspaper. The ink should have been transferred already.
STEP 4. APPLY TOP COAT
The transparent top coat will serve as a protection for the newspaper ink. Make sure you apply it in one stroke. Avoid repeated application since it will ruin the ink.
ENJOY YOUR NEW NAILS!
More by this Author
Making this colourful and delicious dessert is as simple as 1-2-3, literally. Try this yema ball recipe and be blown by its flavours!
How much do you know about menstrual cycle? Read on to find out the four phases that most women undergo: follicular phase, ovulation, luteal phase and menstruation.
Our forebrain consists of four lobes namely: parietal, frontal, occipital and temporal lobe. Find out what they are and their functions.