DIY GLAMGLOW Face Mask
The Original GLAMGLOW Mask
This is the mask beauty critics and users have been raving about. The GLAMGLOW Supermud Clearing Treatment mask claims to be clinically developed by GLAMGLOW® dermatological chemists to help fight skin concerns including discoloration, breakouts, black and white heads, in-grown hair, and razor bumps. The mud is said to draw out congestion and dirt while a proprietary six acid blend is claimed to dramatically brighten and soften skin. To top if off activated charcoal magnetically draws out dirt to leave skin smooth and healthy looking. Sounds great right? Wait it gets even better... the product has an average rating of 4.3 stars on Sephora, and research results claim 98% felt their skin looked renewed, 97% saw an improvement in skin clarity, and 97% felt it gently cleared their skin. Sounds like an amazing must have product, but at $69 (US) for 1.2 oz jar it's very pricey.
The DIY GLAMGLOW Mask
Now you can create your own DIY version of the GLAMGLOW Supermud mask for a fraction of the price. Fight back against discoloration, breakouts, and black heads with a homemade mask that's not as harsh on skin, and is less drying than the original product.
DIY GLAMGLOW Ingredients
- Coconut Oil 2 tablespoons
- Chamomile Tea (Steeped Strong) 4oz
- Bentonite Clay 1/4 Cup
- Charcoal Capsules 8 Capsules
- Aloe Vera (Fresh or Gel) 1 Tablespoon
- Peppermint & Eucalyptus Essential Oil 1-3 Drops each depending on your sensitivity
Optional Additional Boosts - 2 drops of lemon essential oil or 2 drops of tea tree oil
Coconut Oil - hydrates, softens and conditions skin. It naturally clears grime, dirt, and dead skin cells while also having antibacterial properties. Plus many more benefits like softening wrinkles and acting as an antioxidant.
Chamomile Tea - helps acne scaring with its anxiolytic and antioxidant properties. Naturally tightens pores, softens, lightens discoloration, and soothes irritated skin. Strong healing properties with antioxidants, and anti-microbial properties.
Bentonite Clay - is able to bind to and extract the toxins and bacteria on the skins surface and in the pores. This helps to reduce future outbreaks and alleviate redness.
Charcoal - draws bacteria, dirt, toxins, and chemicals out of the skin which helps you achieve a flawless complexion and fight acne.
Aloe Vera - naturally soothes, moisturizers, and reduces inflammation. Aloe Vera contains two hormones Auxin and Gibberellins. Giberellin acts as a growth hormone stimulating the growth of new cells helping skin heal quickly with minimal scarring. Other benefits include antioxidants like, beta carotene, vitamin C and E that can help improve skin's natural firmness.
Peppermint Essential Oil - contains menthol which creates a cooling sensation for the skin. It also nourishes dull skin and improves the texture of oily or greasy skin.
Eucalyptus Essential Oil - its antimicrobial activities helps stop the growth of new germs, while treating any open wounds.
Lemon Essential Oil - is naturally astringent and detoxifying which rejuvenates tired-looking skin and helps with discoloration. With antiseptic properties it can help treat pimples and reducing excessive oil on the skin.
Tea Tree Essential Oil - reduces sebum production by the skin and fights off bacteria which can cause acne. Also is effective in treating razor burn and ingrown hairs. Other benefits include reducing dark spots and hydrating dry skin.
- Steep 1 tea bag in 4 oz of hot water. Let it sit and soak in the water.
- Melt the coconut oil into liquid.
- In a clean and dry bowl combine all the ingredients except the tea. Cut/open the charcoal capsules and empty the powder into the bowl, discard the empty capsules.
- Add any of the optional additional boosts.
- Whisk the ingredients in the bowl together.
- Make sure the tea has cooled. Once cooled slowly add the tea to the bowl of ingredients and continue whisking until you get the desired creamy texture. Will be between 3-4 oz of tea.
- Spoon the mixture into a glass container and let it sit in the fridge for at least an hour.
- After application store the remainder in a cool, dark place or in the fridge.
To apply the DIY GLAMGLOW Supermud mask first ensure you have a clean and dry face. Spread the mixture all over your face and neck, but avoid your eyes. Leave the mask on until it starts to dry and tighten up. Rinse your face clean with a wet washcloth. Moisturize your skin with your favorite moisturizer after removing the mask.
What is your major skin concern?See results without voting
More by this Author
No comments yet.