Different Types of Hair Treatments to get healthy hair!
My hair treatment- Part 1- Lightweight Oils and Serums
Remember most natural oil are best wehen they are 100% pure
My Hair Treatment-Part 2-Medium weight oil and serums
I'm always trying new hair treatments to restore my hair health. These are a few that are well known and some that aren't. So let's get started!!
Olive Oil Treatment
I usually spend around $10 for a 33.8oz glass bottle at T.J.Maxx. A bottle that large will usually last me anywhere from a year to a year and a half.
To use an olive oil treatment,
1.Don't wash your hair for a day or more.
2. Put kitchen olive oil on your hair concentrating on the ends then the roots using more sparingly on roots.(If you prefer olive oil made especially for hair, check out the ethnic hair care section in any drugstore or megastore. Like walmart,walgreens,target, or right aid.
Note:You may add an essential oil like lavender or vanilla for the olive oil smell.
REMEMBER: A little oil goes a long way.
3.Ball up your hair and put in a shower cap.
From here you can do three things:
#1 Sleep on it or #2 Add a hot towel or #3 Use a blow dryer.
Sleep on an Olive Oil Treatment:(Follow instructions #1-3)
Put a towel over your pillow for extra protection and go to sleep.
In the morning, you can wash the olive oil out with shampoo and conditioner.
Adding a hot towel to an Olive Oil Treatment:(Follow instructions #1-3)
Heat up a towel in the dryer for 4-5 min.
Then, wrap it around your towel around your shower cap.
Leave it for 45 min. to 2 hours. or more if you want.
Using a blow dryer for an Olive Oil Treatment:(Follow instructions #1-3)
Blow dry your shower cap for 3-7 min.
Then, leave the shower cap on for 45 min. to 2 hours or more if you wish.
I have never tried a mayonnaise treatment ,but if I did I would try Organic Root Stimulator Hair Mayonnaise instead of regular. Because I'm afraid it will smell terribly, if I leave it all night. However, I'm going to try it soon and I will update this Hub with the result. eal Mayonnaise is always better than fake. I'm a great supporter of Miracle Whip to eat, but it doesn't work as good as Hellman's for hair!(At least, as I have heard from countless websites and people!)
To apply a mayonnaise treatment:
1.Get mayonnaise out of the fridge and let it sit on the counter for 2-3 hours or until room temperature. Also, put 3 tbsp (for hip-length hair) or more for longer hair into a bowl.
2. Don't wash your hair for a day or more.
3. Apply all mayonnaise to the hair.Concentrate on the ends and then apply the remaining mayonnaise to the roots.
4. Ball the hair up and put into a shower cap.
5. Let sit for 2-3 hours. (You can apply a hot towel or blow dry the shower cap .)
I have been doing hot oil treatments for at least 3 years. I love how soft and shiny they make my hair feel. I usually buy mine at Walmart or Family Dollar. Sally's also sells them.I have even given my friends a few to try! This is a more commercial treatment than olive oil but works about the same and there isn't a bad smell!
To do a hot oil treatment:
1.Heat up a hot oil packet in a glass or sink full of scalding hot water while you shower.
2. Wash your hair and don't condition.
3.Let your hair air dry for 3-5 min or until damp.
4. Open the packet and apply to damp hair, concentrating on ends.
5.. Ball hair up and place under shower cap.
From here you can do any of the three options from the olive oil treatment.
There is also one other treatment,it is Jojoba Oil. Organic Root Stimulator and Queen Helen are good producers of jojoba oil. However,the best jojoba oil is 100% natural! It can be applied in three ways depending on what kind of jojoba oil you have bought. If you have boughten the Organic Root Stimulator brand or the 100% natural jojoba oil , you apply it like a serum. If have boughten the Queen Helen brand, it is hot oil and can be applied exactly like hot oil.
My Own Hair Treatment
I have also started doing a treatment recently to my hair! I love the result! It is great if you don't have a deep conditioner or would rather use something more natural!
What you will need:
Olive Oil or Coconut Oil
A medium weight oil or serum(I use Dove Nourishing Care Anti-Frizz Serum)
A very light weight or or serum (I use AVon Dry Ends Serum)
You may be wondering why all of the serum and oils! Well, you apply these different sections of you hair!
1. Apply the light weight oil or serum to the roots of the hair/ all over your scalp.
2. Apply the medium weight oil or serum to the middle section of the hair.
3. Apply the Olive or Coconut oil to the ends, from the middle of your hair down.
4. Massage your scalp. This will help the oils penetrate more fully and massaging your scalp promotes hair growth.
5. Ball up the hair and place under shower cap.
6. You may put on a hot towel or heat up the shower cap, if you wish.
7. Leave for 2-12 hours.
8. Shower like usual. You may need to shampoo more than normal to get
all of the oils out!
Hope this helps and encourages you to try hair treatments. Please comment and private message me and tell me what you thought. Also, please ask me, if you want me to try a certain treatment or product.
No comments yet.