Ditch the Spa: Home Facials Made Easy
Do It Yourself Facials
Times are tough. Who has the time or money to go to the spa anymore? My favorite spa treatment has always been facials. I just love them! They are so relaxing and I always seem to glow after a treatment. The problem is that they are not exactly cheap and it is recommended to get one at least four times a year to keep your skin in great condition. That can really get expensive!
No worries! I have the solution for you. I would like to share the easiest and most effective facial. It's so simple and inexpensive that you will be surprised at how well it works!
What You Will Need
- A non-drying skin cleanser that is appropriate for your skin type.
- One dry towel and one hot, damp towel.
- Lavender essential oil or tea tree oil
- Spray bottle
- Vaporizer or a pot of boiling water
- Exfoliant scrub
- Your favorite moisturizer and eye cream
Homemade facial mask. You can choose one of the following:
- One cup of canned pumpkin (may be too harsh for sensitive skin)
- two large bananas, mashed and one tsp of honey mixed together with bananas in a bowl (recommended for sensitive skin).
Keep spray bottle filled with water and essential oil in the fridge. You can use this as a toner and spray your face and neck after washing your face. I like to spray my face after a work out. It's a great refresher!
Boil a pot of water or turn on vaporizer.
Fill spray bottle with cold water and ten drops of lavender or tea tree oil.
Soak a towel in hot (not scalding) water.
Cleanse skin thoroughly with cleanser using warm water. When almost finished, splash cold water on your face and pat face dry.
Wrap a dry towel over your head and put your face over the vaporizer or hot water. To prevent burning do not get too close to the water. Breathe in the steam for five minutes (or longer if you like).
Once finished, splash cold water onto face to close pores and pat dry.
Massage skin lightly in circular motions with an exfoliant for one minute. Wash face with cold water and pat dry again.
Put a very thin layer of pumpkin puree or banana mask on skin. Do not blend mask into skin. Leave on for 10 minutes. Relax while the mask dries. Wash off mask with warm water.
Take the hot towel and squeeze out excess water. Towel should be damp, not dripping wet. Lie down with hot towel on your face for as long as you like.
Once done, splash face with cold water and pat dry. Use spray bottle to lightly spray water and essential oil onto face and let dry. Finish off with moisturizer and eye cream.
- Anew Reversalist Foaming Cleanser
- Aveeno Ultra-Calming Foaming Cleanser
- Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanser
Cleansers for acne prone skin:
- Avon Clearskin Blemish Clearing Foaming Cleanser
- Clean and Clear Continuous Control Acne Cleanser
- Murad Time Release Acne Cleanser
- Aveeno Youth Perfecting Moisturizer
- Jason Vitamin E Renewal Moisture Cream
- Avon Anew Rejuvenate Day Cream
- Avon Solutions Ageless Results Day Cream
- Avon Solutions Plus Eye Cream
- Aveeno Postively Ageless Eye Cream
- St. Ives Invigorating Apricot Scrub
- Avon Clear Skin Pore Penetrating Scrub
After your home facial, your skin will be glowing! This facial is so good for your skin that you can treat yourself to one every week. You are going to be pleased with the results and your skin will thank you!
Did you find this hub helpful? Check out these other hubs!
More by this Author
Read some juicy tidbits on some of Hollywood's most notorious enemies!
It's a lot of fun to think up baby names when you are expecting. It can also be a bit of a challenge. After all, your baby is going to carry the name you give her or him for the rest of their lives. It is an important...
Everyone dreams, but what does it mean if you dream about flying or teeth falling out? Learn more about what your subconscious mind is trying to tell you.