Best Remedy For Dry Skin
The most common problem men and women encounter everyday is skin dryness. We try almost all over the counter lotions, moisturizers and creams in order to combat the problem but a lot of times, the dryness remains.
All of us are gifted with healthy skin when we were born. However, this condition changes due to outside environmental factors like exposure to fumes and chemicals, due to the kinds of foods we eat, too much sun exposure and daily stress. Our skin condition changes from healthy to dull, wrinkled, blemished and unhealthy skin. Its immunity to fight diseases weakens and we need to nourish our skin with supplements in order to restore that youthful and healthy glowing skin.
My skin gets so dry at times and its embarrassing most especially on occasions where we need to expose our skin like going to the beach and other outside activities. It has been my problem for years and I needed to consult a dermatologist to help me solve it. Though regular visits helped me improve my skin's condition, I realized that daily care is also needed to prevent dryness. We also have to choose the foods we eat. Fatty, salty, sweet and foods rich in caffeine are not advisable to be taken in high amounts. Water is also our skin's best friend. We have to drink large amounts to keep it supple and look healthy.
Photo credits: health-pictures.com
Some foods also cause skin allergy like shrimp, crabs, squid, chicken and nuts. These foods when taken in large amounts cause skin allergy and makes our skin become red and itchy. Most of the time, small itchy lessions appear. Below are some of the tips my dermatologist gave me in order to help remedy my skin dryness. The other tips listed below were researched online and were tried by my friends who experinced the same problems.
1. Evaluate your diet. Are you fond of eating fatty foods ? Do you have cravings for junk foods, chocolates and cakes ? Do you find drinking coffee as your comfort zone ? Then you are not giving your skin the right foods it needs to be healthy. These foods may cause skin breakouts, pimples and acne. Trying to avoid foods rich in fat, salt, caffeine and sweets will give noticeable results.
2. A diet mostly of fruits, vegetables and fish will give you a healthy and glowing complexion. These foods are the right foods to eat in order to keep you away also from diseases like diabetes, high blood pressure, liver cancer, athesclerosis and many more.
A healthy glowing skin adds beauty ... Aishwarya Rai
Photo credits: english.pravda.ru
Anti-Aging Skin Care: Tips for Removing Makeup, Acne, & Dry Skin : Perfecting Mask: Anti-Aging Skin Care Tips
3. To improve the appearance of your skin and its elasticity, it is best to use a lotion with collagen and urea.
This is the lotion I used to help me combat my skin dryness and it was really effective. It is best to apply lotion also when your skin is still damp as in this way, more nutrients are absorbed by the skin. You can also add, a little petroleum jelly if you want heavier skin moisturization.
4. Drink at least 6-8 glassers of water so your skin will stay hydrated all day. It needs to replenish the lost moisture during the activities of the day. Water also flushes toxins from our body. Fresh fruit juices will also do wonders to your skin.
5. Another solution that I use to moisturize my skin is a mixture of a slice of lemon and yoghurt. My skin feels so good everytimne I apply this moisturizer. After application, you leave it for 10-15 minutes then rinse off completely. Your skin will feel so soft and healthy. Lemon is also a good whitening agent for your skin.
6. Exercise regularly. In order to maintain that healthy body, exercising regularly is needed. Exercise also helps release ourselves from the daily stress that we experience. A healthy and toned body will give you a youthful glow. A sound body also results to a sound and more focused mind.
Dry Skin Help
More by this Author
Hongkong has been a colony of the United Kingdom since 1842. However in 1997, its sovereignty was then transferred to the People's Republic of China. It is one of the most important and popular tourist destinations of...
Many Filipinos want to work abroad because of the high dollar to peso exchange rate. It sure makes a difference if someone works abroad and sends his money back home to his family. This makes him earn at least 40 times...
This hub is a continuation of my previous hub, Philippine Recruitment Agencies with Canada Job Openings. Canada is one of the favorite destinations of Filipinos abroad, not only for employment but also as a country...
No comments yet.