Shaving tips that help you get a super close shave
Shaving like a Celebrity Shaving Tips
A Technique used by Celebrities To Get a Close Shave
Sometimes when your watching tv, you may find yourself wondering how does this celebrity get such a close shave. There are techniques and shaving tips that will ensure you have a smooth face when you are done shaving. In addition to the technique you use to shave, it is also very important that you are using the right tool for the job, along with some moisturizing shaving cream to prevent razor burns.
- Before you shave you can add a face moisturizer to moisturize your skin that is noncomedogenic (which is the official term for a lotion that does not clog pores). Wait about 5 minutes after the moisturizer and then rinse your face with warm to comfortably hot water. Hot water helps to extract excess oils from your skin and your hair follicles, as a result your hair will come out of the skin a little more which will allow you to get a much smoother shave.
- Apply shaving cream and be sure it is shaving cream that has moisturizers in it.
- Use an optimal razor for best results. Gillette Fusion is a good razor, or Mach blades but I have found that I get the closest shave from a Schick Quattro Razor. It allows a very smooth shave, the blade is very sharp, and it is really hard to cut yourself because of the design.
- Begin shaving by taking your first stroke toward the direction that your hair is growing. (Always shave in the direction that your hair is growing on the first stroke, then once its smoother, you can gently take the blade against the direction that your hair is growing. Be sure to reapply moisturizer when you go through the second stroke in that area.
- The shorter the length of your stroke, the closer the shave. The more often you wash your blade with water, the closer your shave will be. Remember to keep that blade fresh and clean. Try to wash your blade after every two strokes for the best results, also I find that it works best to wash the blade off with warm water.
- When you are finished shaving, make sure your blade is clean, and place it in a clean area where it can dry off.
- Wash your face with a warm damp washcloth to wash off any remaining shaving cream.
- Check to see if you missed any spots, rinse and repeat.
- It is also a good idea to add a non-comedogenic moisturizer to your face when you finish shaving, because sometimes shaving can dry out the skin and cause flaking. By using moisturizers when you shave and when your finished, you will avoid the flaky skin.
How To Avoid Razor Burn When Shaving
To avoid razor burn, its best to make sure that you lubricate your cheeks with a good layer of shaving cream. This will help to moisturize and condition your skin and hair and allow you to get a smoother shave. This will also keep the blade from scraping your skin. Another important tip to avoid razor burn would be always shave in the direction that your hair is growing on the first stroke, and possibly even the second stroke, depending on how thick your hair is.
More by this Author
Buyer's guide for choosing the best paintball gun on the market in 2015. Should you get a speedball marker or woodsball gun? Best paintball upgrades.
Easy and natural ways to fight germs that kill bad breath.
A dietary guide to building bigger muscle on your arms and the lifestyle you should embrace if you want larger biceps and triceps. High protein diet and pre-workout supplements are key to growth.