Epilator Hair Removal: (Almost) Painless Hair Removal With Brown Epilators and Other Epilators
What is an Epilator?
An epilator is an electrical device used to remove unwanted hair by mechanically grasping multiple hairs and pulling them out all at the same time. The way in which epilators work to remove hair is similar to waxing, but unlike waxing, they do not remove cells from the epithelium of the epidermis. The epilation procedure can be painful to some people because, as with waxing, it involves pulling hair out of the roots. Since the pain can be especially bad on the first epilation of an area, some people opt to have the area professionally waxed first, then use epilation to remove regrowing hair.
Brown Epilator, Emjoi, Panasonic - Popular Brands of Epilators
Currently, the top popular epilator models sold on Amazon are Brown epilators, Emjoi and Panasonic epilators:
- Braun 5270 Silk-épil X'elle Body System Epilator
- Braun SE3170 Silk-épil SoftPerfection Epilator
- Emjoi AP-18 Emagine Dual Opposed 72 Tweezer Head Epilator
- Panasonic ES2067W EpliglideULTRA Epliator
Judging from the number of reviews of the top model - Braun 5270 (currently approaching 1000), and the high average rating - despite the pain the devices really work.
Epilation is probably one of the most cost-effective methods of hair removal - with most epilators costing well under $100. Comparing that price to laser hair removal cost - it can mean big savings if you can stand the discomfort. So, if you are asking yourself if the result of the epilation procedure is worth the pain, read the reviews of people who purchased the device and used it to get rid of unwanted hair - and decide for yourself.
Epilator Hair Removal
Epilator is a modern invention. It consists of either coil spring, rotating disc or tweezers type heads to grasp multiple hairs and pulling the entire hairs simultaneously when it is rolled over the skin several times. It is recommended to be applied on a large skin areas with no skin problems, such as acne. Epilators work fast to remove unwanted hairs quickly and come in handy design, normally powered by battery, rechargeable or wall plug.
You can use the device to get rid of hairs from various body areas, such as legs, back (obviously, you will need some assistance for that), arms, underarm, face and chest. This method is quick and less costly when compared to other hair removal methods. In fact the epilator is cost effective due to you only buy once and use many times. It can be used safely at home, or anywhere else. It is portable and easy to fit inside your handbag and bring it out to use inside the bathroom when nobody around.
Tips for Effective Use of Epilators: How to Reduce The Pain
If you are afraid of the pain, follow these steps instead of the manual, provided you are willing to invest a lot of time initially. I said initially, because, after a couple of months, the pain will subside and you'll be able to do it any way you want. So here are my tips how to do it:
1) Take a long, hot bath or at least a hot shower prior to the procedure (but make sure you dry off before starting).
2) Do it in a warm room because cold air will tighten skin which makes you feel more dicomfort during the procedure.
3) Shave the area first. If you are persistent, that's the last time you ever will.
4) Apply epilation on just shaved skin. Yes, there will be hardly any results, but there won't be any pain either, and your muscles will relax; it's important to learn how to relax while epilating, as it reduces the pain greatly.
5) Apply epilation several times to the same spot. Although painful the first time, you will feel less pain the next time you do it. Do it every day until you feel in control, then gradually reduce the time interval between epilations to up to a month.
6) Use long, quick strokes until you are comfortable.
7) Holding the device so that it rotates in the direction of the hair growth makes the process much more gentle on you.
8) When epilating, make sure you pull you skin tight to prevent snagging, you will fell less pain
9) If you feel like giving up at any point, remember the 2nd epilation will be nothing like the first; the 3rd will be a breeze.
More by this Author
Improper squeezing of blackheads can lead to inflammation, swelling, ruptured blood vessels, infection, ultimately leading to scarring...
If you've been trying to get rid of cellulite, you may have come across many different "miracle" products that claim to help to get rid of that unsightly orange peel skin. They include pills, creams, bathing...
The normal blood glucose level is 80-90 mg/dL before meals, and up to 120 mg/dL after you eat. Understand that you can prevent and, in most cases, reverse type 2 diabetes with these simple changes.