Eye Makeup Styles: Smoky Eyes Step By Step
Smoky eyes make up style has been really trendy for some time and with all the celebrities constantly using it still is. And it's not surprising, because this is one of those eye makeup styles that really emphasizes your eyes and makes you look great at any time in any outfit.
I'm not a professional make up artist, but to create smoky eyes makeup style, you don't have to be. In this hub I will share all the steps on how to make your eyes "smoky" along with the products I use.
How To Do A Smokey Eye
1. To make eyes the focal point of the makeup, it’s necessary to even the tone around the eyes first. To do this, we have a “magic wand” – concealer. It hides the dark spots and other imperfections under eyes and moisturizes creating even tone at the same time. I use HD Invisible Cover Concealer by MAKE UP FOR EVER, because I like its effect and ingredients. Palmaria palmata and unicellular green micro algae reduce dark circles and create a brightening effect, while gatuline lifts undereye area. You can use any concealer you prefer, but remember - for the under-eye area, it's better to use liquid concealers.
2. After that, apply eye pencil intensely to the upper and lower lid lash lines. To create “smokiness” you don’t need to use just black, you can experiment with different colors – chocolate, steel, metallic, dark blue, violet, olive etc. My preference here is . Its color doesn't fade for 12 hours, preserves the smoothness and intensity, basically it looks similar to liquid eye liner. And it has great variety of colors to choose from - great for any of the eye make up styles. Long-Wear Eye Pencil by Bobbi Brown
3. Now let’s get to eyeshadows. We’ll need three shades: the darkest shade in classic “smoky eyes” is black. The medium is grey, and the lightest is light grey or natural. Start applying the darkest shade on the upper lid.
4. After you applied black, start applying the medium (grey) shade. Apply it a little above the basic dark starting with the outer corner of the eye.
5. Merge them together making them transition smoothly, and apply the third, the lightest shade on the bottom part of the upper lid and the inner corner of the eye. This will make your eyes look bigger. This same shade apply under brows to attract even more attention to your eyes. I like using , since it has all the necessary colors together and works perfectly for me. e.l.f. Cosmetics Essential Flawless Eyeshadow
Remember, smoky eye makeup style requires beautiful and clear eyebrows and not very bright lips.
There are a lot of tutorials on different eye makeup styles, and if you want to have a look at smoky eyes tutorial, watch the video below for step by step visual representation.
More by this Author
These nail polish trends never go out of fashion. Learn what colors to choose to always look trendy.
Black nail designs always look chick and never go out of fashion. So we gathered 15 creative design ideas with black nail polish.
What pimples on buttocks mean, how to get rid of them, and how to prevent them.