Eyebrow Restoration – Choosing Between An Eyebrow Hair Transplant And An Eyebrow Tattoo
If you are looking for a way to restore your eyebrows back to their original condition or you would like to improve the way that they look you can choose between getting the area filled in using a tattoo procedure or you can have an eyebrow hair transplant.
Both solutions have their advantages and disadvantages. Once you know what is involved it could make your choice much easier.
Eyebrow Restoration Via Tattoo
This method can usually be done in one session. The eyebrow area will be prepped and a brief outline will be sketched so that you can see how the end result will look.
Ink will be impregnated into the skin in short sharp bursts. Once the outline is done, the area will be filled in. You could feel a little discomfort depending on your pain threshold.
After the job is complete, you may suffer from a little redness and bruising but this will fade away.
- This method is relatively quick. It can be done in one session.
- You will get instant results.
- Eyebrow tattoos can look slightly unnatural and look drawn on the face.
- After a certain period of time the ink will start to fade and the colour will turn a blue black colour which is not attractive.
Eyebrow Restoration Via Eyebrow Transplant
For this type of eyebrow transplant the hair follicles are taken from your head and are implanted into the brow area one by one by a surgeon.
- The procedure is usually carried out in one session.
- The eyebrow is filled in to follow the contour of the face.
- The brow will look completely natural as you will be using real hair.
- Once done, it is permanent. The hair will grow just as normal eyebrows do.
- The whole process can take a long time before you see the end results. It can be up to a year until the eyebrow is completely replenished.
- You could suffer from a dull ache around the eye area depending on your pain threshold. Hair follicles have to be grafted from one part of your body and implanted into another. Both areas can be sensitive.
The choice that you finally make will come down to what you are after. If you are looking for an instant result, you may decide that an eyebrow tattoo will be the correct choice for you. If one of the reasons to get an eyebrow hair transplant is to have completely natural looking eyebrows and you are willing to be patient to get the end results, this type of eyebrow restoration would be the option to go for.
Read more about getting eyebrow hair transplants
- Reasons To Get An Eyebrow Hair Transplant
- Eyebrow restoration – the process of an eyebrow transplant
- How much do eyebrow implants cost?