Facial Skin Care - Seven Tips for Beautiful Skin
Spring is a great time of the year to recover from the damages done to the skin over the winter. But if you don't take good care of your skin during the Spring, your skin can get damage even more. So here are seven tips to keep your skin moist and healthy.
1. Keep Your Skin Clean
When your pores are blocked by dirt and oils, problems such as pimples and abscess arise. So keeping your skin clean is the most basic and important step toward beautiful skin.
- Before you wash your face, you wash your hands first.
- Use lukewarm water to wash your face. Hot water makes pores expand too much, causing moisture to escape from your skin. Cold water stops pores from expanding, making it hard to wash off dirt and oils blocking your pores.
- Put on moisturizer right after you wash your face to avoid moisture loss.
2. Use Sunblock That is Right for Your Skin
The main cause of skin aging is the UV lights. When your skin is exposed to the UV lights too long, collagen in your skin is age faster. Also, UV lights make your capillary wider, causing freckles.
When you are choosing sunblock, keep in mind that the ones with high PA and SPF are better at blocking UV lights. But if you keep putting it on throughout the day, sunblocks with SPF 30 usually does their job.
However, it is important to choose your sunblock depending on your skin type. If you have a dry skin, use choose a sunblock that is in cream form. If you have a oily skin, choose a avoid sunblocks in cream form and choose lotions.
3. Drink at Least 8 Cups of Water a Day
It is known fact that drinking plenty of water is good for your health in general. But when it comes to your skin, water plays a vital role in keeping your skin moisturized. For an adult, it is recommended to drink at least 8 cups of water a day, or 1.5L per day. But remember to adjust the amount of water you drink a day depending on your life style.
4. Eat at Least Seven Different Types of Fruits and Vegetables
Your skin starts to age when the DNA and protein in your skin get oxidized. These oxidations are caused by irritation caused by irritants such as UV lights and stress.
Fresh fruits and vegetables are good for stopping or slowing down these oxidations. NCI (National Cancer Institute) recommends to eat at least 5 different types of fruits and vegetables, for your general health. But eating at least 7 different types are recommended for people seeking beautiful skin.
5. Exfoliate Your Skin
If you don't exfoliate your skin time to time, the dead skin cells on your skin can cause dryness, fine lines, and make your skin look dull.
- For oily skin type, it is recommended to exfoliate 1-2 time a week.
- For dry skin type, it it is recommended to exfoliate once a week.
How to exfoliate:
- Make a steamy towel by putting a wet towel in a microwave for about 1-2 minutes.
- Put the steamy towel over your face for few minutes (This opens up your pores).
- Use an exfoliating cleanser and use it gently.
- Put on moisturizer right after you exfoliate your skin.
6. Use Homemade Fruit and Vegetable Facial Mask
Great skin care don't always come in a bottle. You can make your own facial mask at home using fresh fruits and vegetables.
For dry skin type, vitamin A rich banana pack is recommended.
For oily skin type, cabbage mask is recommended.
For medium skin type (between oily and dry), apple mask is recommended.
How to make facial masks:
- Banana mask: Mix peeled banana, flour, and honey together.
- Apple mask: Blend apple, honey, and oatmeal powder.
- Cabbage mask: Grate cabbage and mix with flour.
When you've made your facial mask avoiding immediate eye area, put it evenly on your face, leave it on for about 20 minutes, and wash it off.
7. Keep Your Indoor Humidity to 50-60%
It is important to drink plenty of water to keep your skin moisturized from the body itself, to put on moisturizers to moisturize the skin from the outside, but external humidity can either help or work against keeping your skin moisturized.
For your skin, the ideal humidity inside your home should be 50-60%. Ventilate your home by opening up the windows, and keep your humidity up by either hanging wet towels or using humidifier.
Some celebrities who take good care of their skin really cares about humidity around them. Angelina Jolie doesn't even turn on the heater in her car during the winter because air heater can lower humidity, causing her skin to get dry.
More by this Author
I watched a short documentary today about what amazing things can happen in one second. After I’ve listed the following things, I’m thinking that this list can be endless. So, if you know amazing things that...
Biology 101 lab report: The Enzyme Catalase Activity at Different Conditions.
A review of Atomy's HemoHIM, a herbal extract immune system boosting supplement.