Fall's Fashion Trends 2009
Heavenly Body Boutique
Cranberry Delight! Sizes 12 to Plus Size
Heavenly Body Boutique
Style FashionistasFall 2009 Fashion Trends
- Monochromic neutrals, such as black, gray and brown, is this seasons approach to looking longer and leaner. Don't worry though is this is too blah for you, you can add a pop of color with layering, accessories or shoes.
- Also for petites a v-neckline will give you a longer look.
- Wearing opaque tights that are the same color as your shoes and skirt, will make your legs look longer. Choose a dark color to look thinner because dark colors recede.
- Make an investment in classic high quality pieces that you can mix and match and wear for seasons to come.
- Many name designers offer budget lines through discounters so that everybody can enjoy the high fashion styles. Stylish clothing and fashion accessories are now available at all price points, so don't hesitate to shop for fashion at stores such as Target or Walmart. Buyers at discount stores are more tuned in than ever to current fashion trends with a low-cost version of a trendy item. Also don't be afraid of high-low outfits. High-low is a more expensive designer pieces outfitted with more budget friendly items.
- Guess what ladies neon is back! Pairing neon with a classic neutral is this seasons must do.
- Accessories with over-the-top embellishment, sequins, lace, feathers, beading, etc...
- Faux fur matched with form fitting items can give you a whole new look on style this season.
- This year jumpsuits have definitely made a comeback, pair it with a tailored jacket for something unique.
- Draped dresses can give you an hourglass figure. Make sure to try the dress on to make sure the draping is in the right places.
- Thigh high and over the knee boots mixed with corporate colored mini-skirts, shorts or tights will pique the interest your fellow fashionistas.
- A t-strap shoe is flattering with a cigarette pant, fitted leggings, dresses and skirts. Yes there is a strap around the ankle, but they still lengthen the leg because of the empty space it leaves at the top of the foot.
More by this Author
The time is the late 1960's and there were not an abundance of african american dolls on the market. It was also a time when african american's like Leslie Uggams, Diahann Carroll, and Sidney Poitier had...
Are you trying to maintain length? Need to give your natural tresses a rest? Well, I have an option that you might like! Crochet Braids! Kinky, Curly, textured, or straight! Have it your way!
Hair grease has been a staple of African American homes for decades. Mothers could be seen plaiting young girl hair on stoops, in kitchens, and bedrooms. Is it still prevalent for natural hair sporting women today?
No comments yet.