Fashion and Beauty Template
Before you Begin, Start off With a Good Title!
A good title is the most important part of writing a Hub. Of course your Hub has to be informative, well-written, and better than the competition to succeed, but if you have all of those elements and a poor title, you will have a difficult time garnering search traffic. A good title:
- Consists of common phrases people might use when conducting searches on your Hub's topic
- Is clear, concise, descriptive, specific, and sounds organic
- Does not repeat keywords - don't, don't keyword stuff your title, subtitles, or text!
- Is directly related to the content of your Hub
Lastly, type your title into Google and see what articles show up as the first results. If you can beat the results with a better, more informative Hub then go for it! If not, we recommend trying a new title or choosing another topic.
For more information on crafting a good title, check out our Learning Center guide on title creation.
High-Quality, Long-Format Content Is King!
Today's online writing world is incredibly competitive! In order to build trust with search engines and build a following, online writers have to be exceptional. To increase your chances of success, we recommend that your Hubs:
Fashion and Beauty Hubs are Usually Driven by Photos! Start Your Hub off With a High-Quality Photo!
Keep Your Readers on Your Hub!
When beginning a Hub, we recommend jumping right in.
Some things you might do when introducing your Hub:
- Answer the question of your title right off the bat so that your readers don't hit the dreaded back button to continue searching on their topic somewhere else
- Share some fascinating statistics or facts about the place or subject you are covering
- Explain why you are particularly well suited to be writing a Hub on this subject
- Give a brief overview of the information you will be covering in the Hub
Gain Reader Trust by Including Only Original or Legally Used and Attributed Photos
Be Sure to Use Search-Friendly Subtitles
Though capsule subtitles are entirely optional, including them in your Hubs and making sure they are search friendly can make your Hub even more likely to be found via search engines (and this is how most Hubs gain traffic).
What is a search-friendly subtitle?
- A subtitle that is short and descriptive (e.g. Wedding Dresses from Around the World)
- A subtitle that matches common search terms (e.g. Traditional Chinese Wedding Dress)
In other words, you should craft subtitles for capsules the same way you craft a title for your Hub!
Always Use High-Quality Images!
Don't Forget Video!
If, in the midst of some fashion research, you came across a great video, don't hesitate to add it to your Hub! It might entice readers into staying with your page a bit longer, plus it can be an excellent source of additional information on which you might not be an expert.
You might search for videos:
- Showcasing your topic in a new way
- Sharing more about your topic
- Offering tips about your topic
Fashion and Beauty Hubs Should Include Relevant Video!
Tables are Perfect for Fashion and Beauty Hubs
Top Wedding Dress Designers
Romantic and Classical
Oscar de la Renta
Are you Providing Concrete Facts?
The more specific facts, tips, and figures you can add to your Hub, the better! Give your readers facts on your topic that will be interesting and useful.
- Bulleted or numbered lists offer a great way to provide this information in a format that is easy to read and disseminate
Don't Be Afraid to Do Additional Research!
Supplementing Hubs in which you share your personal tips with additional information can give them a great competitive edge.
Your personal opinion is valuable. While it shouldn't be the main focus of your Hub, don't shy away from giving your Hubs a personal feel.
Polls Are a Great Way to Increase User Engagement!
Which Wedding Dress Style do you Prefer?See results without voting
Add Additional Capsules
Feel free to add other relevant capsules to your Hub by clicking the "Insert Capsule" icon! The following capsules could be a great addition:
- Table Capsule to share numerical data
- Map Capsule to show location-based information
- Quiz Capsule to test your readers
- Text and Photo Capsules to add additional information
Good luck and Happy Hubbing!
More by this Author
A good title is the most important part of writing a Hub. Of course your Hub has to be informative, well-written, and better than the competition to succeed, but if you have all of those elements and a poor title, you...
We are excited you are creating a HubPages tutorial or community-centric Hub! Even though you will be sharing advice for Hubbers, we recommend keeping your guide as universal as possible. Leave the word...
We recommend using as many of your own photos as possible, but when you can't, be sure to cite them properly, as is done here. Austrian Gallery Belvedere, Public Domain via Wikimedia Commons A good title is the most...