Father's Day: Unique Gift Ideas For That Special Someone In Your Life
A Celebration He Will Always Remember
We often depend on the newspaper ads and questions that we ask will determine what we should give to that special man on father's day. Many times he will act as if he is happy to get that new wallet, briefs, socks, briefcase or tie but what he is really asking for is for us to be different. When you work in a place where men are on duty 24/7 and father's day rolls around, you were hear them chatting about what they have received. They will nonchalantly say they received another new wallet again or it is sock season time and then go about their business just like it is any other day.
This year think outside the box and give him a celebration that he will always remember. Keep in mind that even if he does not have children, he is still a father. He could be a big brother, a wonderful uncle, a shoulder to lean on when advice is necessary all of these factors come into play and so many more when you are thinking about him on father's day.
Uniqueness can be the key to a wonderful Father's day, you do not have to spend a lot of money and it will be something he will be talking about for quite a long time. All men have a soft side, take advantage of it and open up a new experience for both him and you.
1. Run a Bubble Bath: Believe it or not quite a few men love bubble baths, including the manly man. If he used to have a rubber ducky when he was a kid get him one, just because we are all adults does not mean there isn't a little boy in there somewhere.
2. Create a Kings Crown and Sash : There is nothing like crowning your man king for a day and treating him like royalty. He may say " Honey this is silly!" , but what he is really trying to say is " I am honored to be your King!" Cook him breakfast, giving him a foot massage or manicure and pedicure he will thank you for this.
3. Create " I LOVE YOU" cards : If you have any type of paper laying around , you can cut them into hearts, circles, squares etc. get creative and write from your heart reasons why he is so special to you. Plant them in his pocket, his lunchbox, in his sandwich, briefcase, by the phone wherever you believe he will find them and read them. Remind him of how important he is to you and your family.
4. Create a Game: If you enjoy playing board or card games create a game and he will be the ending. Many of you know what strip poker is, or you may have some of those other adult games laying around, pull them out and use them to his advantage, both of you will be delighted about the outcome of the ending.
5. Be his French Maid : Ladies it does not matter what size you are small or bodacious he loves you for who you are , wait on him hand and foot. Get sexy and give him what he wants, if you don't have the french maid outfit dig out those favorite pair of shorts ,shirt or dress that he loves seeing you in and drools over. Wear it! Wear those boxers he loves to see you in, or the t-shirt without anything underneath, if you want to add some spice into your relationship and want to give your man some bragging rights, just do it!
6. Baseball for Two: Quite a few men enjoy sports and there isn't anything like seeing a live game, no ladies not one in front of the 52" Plasma TV. If it is in the budget treat just him and you to the baseball game, plan activities earlier or later in the evening, track down a babysitter maybe a friend's son or daughter or a family member, you can sometimes check-out the yellow pages in your area and find a licensed and bonded nanny. They are not as expensive as we all believe and they will be worth every penny. Be a couple again and watch that baseball live at the stadium.
7. Tape A Video: While he is away and if you have a camcorder create a video of why you love him and what he means to you and your family remember to include them. You can have them sing, write a poem or story about why dad is so important. If it is just you and him create a personal tape of the many reasons why they are important to you. On Father's Day tell them you rented a movie , if they asked what it is tell them it is a surprise and they are going to have to wait and see. Put in that DVD or VHS and watch their eyes and hearts unfold to the original movie you just made. If they are military and cannot be home for Father's Day download that movie you just made and send it via e-mail don't forget to let them know that you will celebrate Father's Day when they get home, and let them know what you they will be looking forward to.
8. BBQ or Cook: They say a way to a man's heart is through his stomach , if you haven't cooked his favorite dish in a while or are clueless about how to cook it, find the recipe and practice at a friend's house. If you don't know how to cook do not be ashamed have someone teach you to at least cook this one meal. He will be quite grateful and very surprised that you had his best interest at heart.
9. Try one of his hobbies: We all realize that men have a hobby or two and some of them involve risk, while other hobbies we simply will not do at all. If your man has a hobby that you have always been fearful of getting involved with , let him know you will be happy to try it once,although there isn't any guarantee you will do it again. He will jump for joy just knowing that you at least took an extra step to get involved with his hobby.
10. In the bedroom : We all knew this was coming on Father's Day once the little people are put to bed we should not make any excuses that we are all to tired, try something new. Ask him what we would like to try or experiment with, his answers may surprise you. Have fun with it and relax as it could be a new beginning for both of you.
Be unique and creative on Father's day , it certainly isn't about spending a lot of money, it is about the celebration of Father's Day and how we spend it.
- History of Fathers Day
Fathers' Day is companion celebration to Mothers' Day. Countries recognize Fathers' Day on different dates throughout the year and the United States typically celebrates it on the third Sunday in June....
- Further More on Sports Jerseys and Father Day Gift
As Fathers Day is only couple of days away I was thinking of how to make the Sports Jersey that you bought for you Father extra special. As an office working Father I don't get a chance to wear my Sports...
- Fathers day not just for men any more!
Fathers day has traditionally been an occasion to celebrate the men in our childrens and our own lives. It all began in Spokane Washington when a young woman who had lost her mother, was listening to a mothers...
- presents for fathers day
Fathers day is coming up very soon and the best thing to get are tickets to a sporting event. To me I like football tickets but you might like something else. But make sure if our going to buy tickets off of...
- On the water with Dad. A fathers day tribute .
In a world with such specific and predictable physical laws, life can be so unexplainable. Events and memories layer themselves like rings in a treetrunk. Each one a give but a glimpse of that period in which...
- Fathers Day Gift - More on Sports Jerseys
As I wrote in my last hub about the possible gift of a Sports Jersey for your father. I came accross a great article for NFL jerseys and baseball caps that I thought I would share with you. I am attaching...
- It's Raining Men Pre Father Day HubPage to Celebrate...
It's Raining Men Makes for Happy Families Its Raining Men HubPage Article is an article on the importance of the father figure in the familiy for lasting stability. The father is still considered the major...
- Dad Day--Guy Gifts for Fathers Day (Good for Dads, B...
Father's Day was always a big day in our family...Most of Dad's gifts were of the homemade variety. Here is a history of Father's Day and some suggestions for terrific Father's Day gifts.
- A Fatherless Fathers Day
Is it still Father's Day if your father is dead? What if the closest paternal surrogates -- father-in-law and favorite uncles -- are also deceased? This will be my first year minus a real-live father...
- Perfect Fathers Day Gift - Sports Jersey
Fathers Day is coming up and a perfect gift for your father is a sports jersey. You will want to find a jersey of your fathers favorite team. To make it extra special you can find authentic jerseys that are...
More by this Author
Love letters from famous people. A small list of some of our all time favorites. From Ludwig Von Beethoven to Ronnie Reagan himself. Love letters from the heart will get your creative juices flowing.
Ovarian cysts can be painful and uncomfortable. What are cysts? What are the causes? What are the symptoms?...
What would you do, if you knew that a man who murdered your child and left them for dead was being released within 60 days? Megan Madeline Thomas was murdered by a drunk driver on March 17,2006 as their family turned...