Buy Feather Hair Extensions - Install and Remove Feather Extensions
Feather Hair Extensions
If you are looking for a new look, you can add feathers to your hair. Adding feather extensions is the new hot trend. They last 4-6 months, and can withstand washing, hair straightening, curling, and brushing.
Using feather hair extensions can add a bold or subtle look. Brighter colors and larger feathers are great for a bold look, and more natural and thinner feathers create a more subtle look.
Placement can also change the look of the extension. If you place the feathers under a thin layer of hair will create a more bold look because more of the feather will be visible. If you place the feathers under a thicker layer of hair, there will be more of a subtle look, as less of the feather will be visible.
Most feather extension bundles range from 4"-10" long, which means whether you have short or long hair, you can add feathers to your hair. There are so many options that you can consider when you're looking at getting a feather hair extension.
You can choose hair extensions from shades or purple, pink, blue, green, brown, black, tan, and so many others.
Put Feathers in Your Hair
- Hair extension micro links- Silicone lined-micro links are highly recommended, as they tend to hold longer and are easier to remove.
- Hair hook
- Clamp tool - You can use clamps made specially for hair or regular ones from the hardware store
- Feathers - Real feathers are better than synthetic feathers
- Hair clip
You can always purchase a hair extension tool kit which will come pre-packaged with micro-links, a hook, and a clamp.
How to Add Hair Feather Extensions
When adding feather hair extensions to your hair, you can either go to a professional, or carefully follow instructions yourself.
First, you'll want to decide where you want your hair extension. It's a good idea to put the hair extension underneath a few layers of hair, so that you can fully hide the micro-link.
- Pin the top layer of your hair back so that you can see the work area cleanly. Select a few pieces of hair, twist them a few times.
- Take one micro-link and place it through the tip of the hook
- Hook the hair hook around the strands of hair that you've selected and slide the link upward to the top of the hook, around your hair, and near the root of your hair.
- Slide the tip of the feathers through the micro-link and hair.
- Hold the micro-link, feathers, and hair in place and clamp down onto the micro-link.
- Trim the end of the feather bundle, if it's too long.
Removing Feather Extensions
- When removing hair extensions, you'll want to find the micro-link. Take the clamp and press going the opposite direction that you initially crimped the link.
- Slip the micro-link and feather out of your hair.
Install Feather Hair Extensions
More by this Author
Navel piercings should heal fairly quickly, if you clean them regularly and follow some do's and don'ts.
An awesome-looking tattoo can unfortunately turn into a big infected mess. Read on to learn the symptoms of infection and how to treat it.
Learn some of the signs of infected belly-button piercings and what to do about them.