Fragrances and Perfumes How Do You Choose ?
Choosing perfumes and fragrances is not complicated. Considering the numbers that are released every year not everyone rushes out to buy the new product. Yes, many of us purchase designer not only because of the brand; but we also choose because we find the design of the bottle to be unique especially if we are a collector.
The average woman has at least 1-5 types of fragrances or perfumes they use frequently. Many perfumes consist of 80-90% ethyl alcohol. Perfumes made with essential oils contain 18-22% ethyl alcohol, this is why the designer brands last longer than the the non-labeled perfumes.
So what should you do before deciding what to buy ?
1. Because your best friend is wearing guess perfume does not mean the same scent will smell good on you. Think about which fragrance you may like to wear, floral, fruity, and musky or a combination of fragrances. Are you going to use it for day wear, sportswear or evening wear? Do you wear perfumes based on your moods? Keep in mind, lighter scents are day and heavier scents are for evening. Commonly the average person wears perfume not taking night or day into consideration when applying the perfume or fragrance.
2. Some perfumes are for the younger generation, like Guess. Others are distinctive classics like Chanel No. 5 or Elizabeth Arden. Chanel has a high concentrate of fragrances which makes it last longer. Versace, Dolce and other designer brands are geared toward the more sophisticated woman.
3. When purchasing new perfumes, look at the description, and familiarize you with the product and the brand. More inexpensive perfumes will not last as long as some of the classics. When you choose a fragrance, it becomes your signature and based on the keynotes of the perfume it can take up to a half hour for the scent to be clearly profound.
4. Don't choose the perfume based on the bottle. Yes, the bottles can be so appealing but when you spray it on they can take on a different character. Because a spicy fragrance may smell delightful on your co-worker does not mean it will smell so scrumptious on you.
5. As you mature your body chemistry also changes; baby powder scents in your20's is fine; but the same scent in your30's will not work. Take time at your department store to test the scents. Spray it on your pulse points; but don't spray multiple scents at one time. Your senses will become confused and you will not be able to determine one scent from another.
Take your time making choices; rushing into purchase quickly can cause you to dispose of the product or give it away to someone whose body chemistry blends with the fragrance that you purchased.
When choosing any fragrance take your time picking and choosing and never buy on impulse. There isn't anything worse than buying a perfume or fragrance that does not smell delicious on you.
More by this Author
Ovarian cysts can be painful and uncomfortable. What are cysts? What are the causes? What are the symptoms?...
The similarities and differences between the rise and fall of Rome Empire in 365 A.D. and the United States in the 21st Century? Are we parallel?
Have you ever wondered who created some of the dumbest laws in the United States? Did you know sagging pants and drinking from a bucket are against the law?