Gemstones, As Defined by Astrology
All the gemstones are precisely defined by astrology on aspects of characteristics, impact, benefits, remedies, healing powers, and the way with which they have to be possessed. Also, certain sacred Mantras are also associated with each gemstone. A thick line of difference is drawn in between the brackets of ‘fine and flawless gemstones’ and ‘flawed gemstones’. It is important for one to have only flawless pieces, as it ensures the right impact as against the negative impact created out of flawed stones.
Gemstones and Planets
Gemstones are properly classified on the basis of the nine planets (Nava-graha) from which they draw their cosmic powers. It is the base of drawing a ruling planet for each gem. Every gemstone is believed to stimulate the positive influences of its ruling planet, and neutralize the ill-effects of its malefic presence. They are believed to concentrate the blessings of the ruling deities of their ruling planet over their wearer, with which certain associated aspects of life get enthused for the better.
Take a look at nine planets and their primary and alternative gemstones, according to astrology.
Classifications of Gemstones
Astrology has classified gemstones in the categories of precious and semi precious categories. Precious category includes gemstones such as diamond, emerald, ruby, and sapphire. Semi-precious category includes gemstones such as amethyst, aquamarine, agate, garnet, jade, lapis lazuli, opal, onyx, turquoise, tourmaline, topaz, and zircon. There is another category with the name of organic gemstones which includes amber, coral, and pearl.
Selecting a Gemstone
Astrology defines five grounds on the basis of which a gemstone can be selected for someone.
- The foremost ground is to consider the Zodiac Sign or Birth Horoscope of a person.
- The second ground is to consider the ‘Nakshatra’ or the birth constellation of a person.\
- The third ground is to consider the Lagna or the rising Sun in a person’s Rashi.
- The fourth ground is to consider the needs and desires of a person from life. Certain gemstones create a specific impact. In case, where a certain gemstone is accomplishing one’s needs for good, without creating any ill-effect in concord to the above three grounds, it is selected.
- The last ground is the concerned astrologer’s level of expertise and wisdom of astrology. Apart from the above mentioned grounds, an able astrologer draws out a conclusion for gemstones on the basis of a detailed study of one’s birth horoscope and planetary positions and combinations. He draws out the best possible combination of gemstones, with which a particular person can benefit utmost.
- Gemstones for Sagittarius
All those born in the period of November 22 and December 21 belong to the Zodiac Sign of Sagittarius. In Vedic Astrology, it is referred with the name of ‘Dhanu’.
- Moonstone - Rise As High As Moon
Moonstone, the stone of planet Moon, has enormous amount of benefits. This semi-precious stone is ruled by Goddess Diana, and is believed to be associated with Goddess Durga or Shakti. This association very much defines the sacredness as possessed by
- Astrological Benefits of Ruby Stone
Ruby, the red-colored stone, is counted as amongst the nine precious gemstones. It justifies the same by delivering enormous benefits on its wearers.
- The World of Rashi Ratna
Rashi Ratna or Rashi stones are considered as precious gifts of heaven.
- Jade Stone Benefits
Jade stone is considered to be in particularly highly beneficial to those born in the month of May, as it is their birthstone. Also, it is considered to be equally beneficial and valuable to those belonging to any of the Zodiac Sign of Aries, Taurus,
- Garnet Stone- An Extensive Range of Stones
- Blue Sapphire Stone Prices in India
There are no second thoughts about the immense value of the Blue Sapphire gemstone, also commonly referred as ‘Neelam’. Apart from being an astrological masterpiece with enormous beneficial impacts, it can anytime be called as one of the most beautif
- Gomed - Stone of of Rahu
- The Nine Gemstones in Astrology
On the basis of their intrinsic traits, specific gemstones have been defined to be associated with certain astrological planets, which are referred as their ruling planets. The association between these ruling planets and their concerned gemstones is
More by this Author
Different beliefs pop-up when one inquires about the source of the name of Topaz. While some state it to have derived its name out of Greek term of ‘Topazion’, others state the Sanskrit term of...
‘Onyx’ originally derived out of the Greek term of ‘Onus’ refers for a claw or a finger nail. The semi-precious stone with the same name from the ‘Chalcedony Quartz’ family of stones...
In case of Yellow Sapphire getting dull, it gets vulnerable to act harmful for health. In case of it getting cracked, it makes one get vulnerable to cheatings or theft. In case of it developing a milky appearance...