Get a More Creative Tramp Stamp Tattoo
** If you're unfamiliar with the term "tramp stamp," it's slang for a tattoo on a woman's lower back, which is usually seen when she bends over (and oftentimes, flashes the top of her thong in the process).
My friend and I were having a conversation the other day about how so many girls have tramp stamps, but none of their tattoos are very original. It's always a butterfly, a heart, a flower or some sort of ivy, tribal-looking design with a butterfly, heart or flower in the middle of it. Boring, ladies!
So naturally, my friend and I started the creative-er idea train. This always works well because luckily, my friends are just as crazy as I am! Needless to say, we came up with some brilliant new ideas for tramp stamps that must be shared with the world.
If you're considering getting yourself a tramp stamp, despite the bad rap these have, here are some more creative tramp stamps you can get:
Forget all those Angelina/Lilo/Hayden different language sayings. Forget the Japanese letters. Those are so last year. Why not tattoo a classic saying on your body, one that brings joy whenever it's heard or seen? I'm talking about classic sayings from commercials, TV shows, movies, or even a political saying or two. Check out these prime examples:
- "Just do it"
- "Where's the beef?"
- "I did not have sexual relations with that woman."
- "He likes it! Hey Mikey!"
- "The happiest place on Earth"
- "A dream is a wish your heart makes"
- "Kick it up a notch"
- "That's my name, don't wear it out"
- "Did I do that?"
- "What you talkin' bout Willis?"
- "Eat my shorts"
- "Disco fever"
- "You had me at hello"
We all love cartoons. So much so, that even some cartoon tramp stamps might be cliché. The Simpsons, Care Bears, Family Guy...these are all cartoons we know and love. But what about those forgotten cartoons of yesteryear? Here are some cartoon characters that would make awesomely unforgettable tramp stamps:
- Darkwing Duck. And as a bonus, you can have him peaking out of his catch phrase "Let's get dangerous." 2 for 1!
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. But not the turtles- stick the kung fu rat on there instead! Or April...she was totally radical!
- Eureeka's Castle. Ok it wasn't really a cartoon, but how great were those characters? I like the dragon myself, but any of them would be a gem tramp stamp.
- Scooby Doo. How many chicks do you know with Scooby Doo tramp stamps?
- The Muppets. Or even better...Muppet Babies!
- Gummi Bears. Does anybody remember this incredibly cracked out show?
- Yogi Bear. Also good for a 2 in 1.. "Hey Boo Boo, let's go get us a pic-a-nic basket!"
Eh, it's been done before...
Flat Out Stupidity
If you can't beat 'em, join them. You should know by now that if you get a tattoo on your lower back, people are going to refer to it as a tramp stamp. So, you can always just put something really stupid there. Hey, at least it'll make people laugh.
- Stick a random word there, referencing to what's below said tramp stamp. Putting an arrow downward would also be helpful.
- Something from a game, to show ultimate nerddom. Like Duck Hunt. Unfortunately, I didn't make that one up- some girl already decided that would be a good idea. Or how about a game of Pong? That's equally dumb.
- How about a picture of a stamp? For added coolness, you can put something neat on the stamp, like Marilyn Monroe or The Little Mermaid. You could get a stamp that says "Tramp" but that unfortunately has also already been done. (Shameful.)
- You could also go with a picture of something tramps do. Perhaps some tasteful lingerie or a bottle of liquor.
Everyone loves games, right?
Will tramp stamps ever go away? Nah, probably not. I bet there's at least another hundred years to go before we find another cliché place to stick a tattoo. Until then, all we can do is enjoy them. Or at least find more creative tattoos to stick on that lower back. Happy hunting!
More by this Author
Breakups are the worst invention in the history of man. Nobody enjoys them. We yell, then we cry, eat 6 gallons of mint chocolate chip ice cream by ourselves, watch anti-men movies like Thelma and Louise, and refuse to...
Codependence is like a leech. It starts slowly, stealing every other one of your weekends, and continues to suck you dry until every single day is consumed by your codependent relationship. Perhaps you always end up...
I'll admit it. It's embarrassing, but my friends and I are karaoke junkies. It wasn't always this way. We would karaoke every now and then, for something different to do. Now, we crave it. We make lists of songs to sing...