Get those Happy Feet right at home
How about those Feet?
Isn't it the truth that when your feet hurt, you just don't feel like being bothered. Maybe your job requires you to spend most of the day on your feet or you've just been running around and your feet have taken a beating. I think it's about time to stop and gives those dogs, tootsies, piggies, or whatever you call your feet some TLC, and I have some natural care advice to help you.
Don't just sit down and trim your toenails or paint them for the sake of vanity, because a proper pedicure requires a foot soak, a nail trim which prevents in-grown toenails, and removal of hard skin and calluses which if gone unchecked can lead to painful corns. Cuticles should be pushed down,(not cut) and the feet and calves massaged with cream or oil. An olive oil base product is especially nourishing. Painting the nails will last longer if they have a clear undercoat.
Extra Hard Skin
Hard skin on the feet requires extra exfoliation which require a pumice stone. Moisten the stone and add a few drops of pepperment or rosemary essential oil to it and begin to scrub for an invigorating experience. Concentrate mostly on the heels, the balls of your feet and the big toes where the skin is usually the hardest.
Your Choices and Tips for Happy Feet!
1. Cool down hot feet with a peppermint and aloe vera gel rub.
2. Base oils for feet are olive, avocado, and sesame.
3. Soothe hot and tired feet with a vegetable oil massage spiked with clove oil which has anesthetic properties.
4. Soak feet in warm water with tea tree, pine, or eucalyptus oils to wipe out odors.
5. Exercise and strengthen muscles in the feet by rolling each foot on a tennis ball while sitiing down.
6. Detoxify your entire body with only a 20 minute foot soak in warm water. Just add two tablespoons of rock salt. Follow with a oil massage.
7. Ladies, ditch those high heels whenever you can to avoid bunions and ankle problems..
8. Change socks and nylons daily to avoid foot fungus or infections.
9. Never wear socks or shoes that are too small because it is necessary for your feet to breathe,
Comments 9 comments
You are tired after a game of tennis and your feet are hot and sweaty. Do you...See results without voting
More Pedicures LInks
- Have a Safe Pedicure.
Going to a spa for a pedicure is not just a luxury - it is accepted as a beauty regimen but you have to be careful when chosing a salon. A lot of women develop infections in their feet as a result of spa...
- The Physical Benefits to Getting a Pedicure
Everyone knows that it feels nice to get a pedicure. Getting some extra time spent on pampering the toes and legs is always welcomed. Even the polished toenails look wonderful and make you feel so pleased...
- Fish Pedicures...Make Your Toes Tingle
There is a new kind of pedicure that will make your toes sing. This pedicure uses little fish called Garra Rupa or doctor fish that eat the dead skin off your feet and toes. The Fish Pedicure was featured on...
More by this Author
Spending lots of money on fancy table decorations for the holiday is really not necessary when you can make your own inexpensive ones right at home. Your guests will be impressed and your table will be so festive with...
Peroxide can be used in countless ways for everything from removing stains from clothing to whitening teeth. The price and uses can't be beat. Peroxide is a must have for every household.
For a family and friends Holiday party, here are some recipes for three drinks that even children can have. Recipe #1 Rosy Holiday Punch This drink, made in a punch bowl is a mixture of sweet and tart fruit...