Give Her Posh Bath Products for Mother's Day
Foot Bath Salts, Mineral Bath Salts
Let Her De-Stress at Home; Super Easy Recipe
Make your own Mother’s Day gift this year. Here’s an idea for one that wins every time, and it’s an inexpensive and easy to make recipe. It’s even a de-stressor gift that’s good for men.
Bath salts, if she‘s a bath-lover, makes a great, quality, custom gift and a lush bath product. Epsom Salt is cheap and everywhere, and there are even other brands out these days. Just borrow (sneak away with) the fragrance she likes for a day or so, but replace it quickly as possible to avoid her missing it. Use it, return it, keep quiet.
You will need:
- Epsom Salt (price is minimal or another human-grade mineral salt flakes)
- Perfume oil, spray cologne or whatever her favorite scent is; also essential oils work if mixed with vitamin E oil (makes scent oil go further, but that’s expensive stuff). Spray cologne works great, too.
- Natural food dyes (Optional, but it makes it easier to see that fragrance liquids are dispersed equally throughout the salts). Bathers and their tubs do not get stained, either.
- Glitter made for eye-make-ups (Optional, get the teensiest sparkles for safety around eyes). It leaves her slightly shimmery but not glittery when she comes out of her posh bath salt.
- Large (gallon) size clear zip-lock baggie
- A nice dry glass vase, decorative jar or dish with a lid.
- Make a label that you like
- Ribbon for decorating
- Open the zip-lock bag
- Pour in 2 cups (or divided, smaller amounts) of the mineral salts
- Pour in color drops; less gives pastel results, more gives a more distinct result. Put some in and if it isn‘t dark enough, use more. However, less liquid in the salt takes less time for it to dry into your homemade bath product. *Idea*: Make several scented the same but different colors and layer them in a clear receptacle.
- Zip-close the bag one inch from completion and stop; this is the hole used for putting in the scent. Use several sprays or several drops of the perfume/cologne/whatever you have and finish zipping the bag closed.
- Grab one end of the bag in each hand and shake the contents until fragrance and color are well mixed throughout. Add more color and fragrance and it shake again if desired.
- Once it’s mixed, leave it closed for an hour so the scent really permeates the salts. These turn into gorgeous gifts.
- Return the bottle of perfume if you borrowed it.
- Open the lush bath salts and spread them out to dry and on baking sheets, stirring often. It’s likely to be any water and alcohol that may have been in the fragrance or dyes that will evaporate and dry out quickly.
- Put it in the pretty bottle or dish you bought for it, fasten it closed tightly and wrap the ribbon around it.
It’s a Really Easy Recipe for Lavish Bathsalt
You have gift-quality premium bath salt that is in her scent and it’s usually expensive in the stores, making this a gift she‘ll use. Make a good label design on your computer and print it on labels or stickers. Wrap in decorator cellophane bag and tie closed with a sparkly twist-tie.
Include directions that say something to the effect of “For natural body care, mix half a cup into hot bathwater and stir around to dissolve. Then, get in and enjoy until the water cools.” You could even list ingredients, using Love as the first one.
- The old Coupon idea taken further
- Scented and colored mineral salts in beautiful glass vessels
- Original spice mixes and condiments
- Homemade Artisan Pasta
- Craft supplies (is *enough craft supplies* even a real thing?)
- Natural cosmetics, cleansers and moisturizers
- Bedazzled candles and tea lights
- Handmade blanket
- Photograph album that’s a paper album, not digital
- Cedar birdhouse
Continue to Index Article
More by this Author
So you've been prescribed medicinal marijuana. Do you know how much to use? Dosage is important for getting the best out of life that you can.
Vets are so expensive! Luckily, there are a few things we can do ourselves, like relieve pain in our dogs with a kitchen spice.
Looking for an easy recipe for dog treats? This one takes only minutes to prepare and then you bake it, and there are only two ingredients besides water. Take a look.
Do You Have Any Mother's Day Gift Ideas?
No comments yet.