Hairstyles and Hair for Bald Women
There are types of women who are bald, those who had undergone chemotherapy-- (radiation treatment), those who have major illness or those who had just chosen to be bald for fashion purposes. For women who are bald because of some illnesses, they can still accessorize to accentuate some features specially their facial features. For those who have chosen to be bald as fashion statement, this is not a problem, they like their bald head, so they are comfortable with it.
There are also various hairstyle (as you may call it) even for those who are bald because of treatment or loss of hair due to various reasons. The important thing is to have the aura and confidence that goes with a bald hairstyle specially for women. I can see that for women who had chosen to be bald it is a courageous act as society expects women to have hair, preferably longer one, and having a short hair is a form of being "different".
I will first discuss some reasons behind hair loss:
Both men and women can have problem regarding hair loss. There are several reasons why we suffer from hair loss and for discussion purposes I will share what I researched about it. According to researches conducted and observations it is due to these reasons stated below:
- Deficiency of major nutrients like protein and Iron
- Some body cells are inactive due to some illness for example thyroid problems
- Because of some illness or infections -- or as a result of radiation -- Chemotherapy treatment (but hair loss will return after radiology treatment)
- Exposure to poisons in the environment
- patchy hair loss--maybe caused by ringworm
- dandruff--scaling of the scalp where in it mostly occurs with children
Another term for a certain type pf hair loss is “alopecia areata” and this terms simply means hair loss in the underlying skin of the hair and the cause of this one is unknown. Usually the other "patch" will be bald and the next spot will follow.
If you are dealing with hair loss and you are not undergoing radiation treatment, here are some steps to do to grow your hair:
- Apply Minoxidil --- this has been known to stop hair loss, just apply it topically to scalp, but once the application is stopped the hair loss continues too.
- Transplants -- this one involves moving hair plugs from areas where hair grows exist and then putting them in the bald spots. The results are permanent although it is risky and very expensive too.
- Aloe vera shampoos or the juice of it are proven to induce growth of hair too. Just apply the juice topically in your scalp regularly and use Aloe Vera shampoo. I like the natural Aloe Vera stems which you can buy from Asian stores, and I apply it regularly in my scalp to replenish hair loss.
- There are lots of hair grower products available in the market but be careful and read the labels because they damage also hair follicles
It has been said that hair will grow after it sheds through, but then if you have some major illness, this may cause the derailment of growth specially if you are under stress and then your body needs also new cells for the hair growth. This may cause shedding of hair and it will take time to regrow it.
Bald women and their hairstyles:
- You can put a scarf on your head with a style, make the color of the scarf the same as your clothes or have a contrast. Black bandanna is always beautiful and goes with different color of clothings. You can actually learn the steps and art of putting scarf in your head when you look at the video here.
- You can also use hat with different sizes, choose a hat that goes with the style of your clothes and color too,
- Use wigs if you like, just choose the color which is okay with you, black is basic or brown or blond depending in your original color of your hair
- Or just carry it bald -- for those who are into radiation treatment, sometimes this can be a traumatic experience specially if they are use to having long hair etc, but for those who just wanted to be bald and make them as fashion statement, they just flaunt it and carry it because they like to be bald in the first place.
- You can also use earrings, necklaces and other accessories to accentuate your face.
You can also use wigs and just choose a hair wig that is not so noticeable and avoid those which looks fake like wigs which are colored.
I find this site useful ===>> site
- Coping With Cancer Hair Loss Part II
Hair loss is traumatic regardless of reason. Here you will find encouragement and ideas to cope with hair loss.
- How to maintain a nice and healthy hair
Most women care for their hair because it has said to be their crowning glory or (in some women, their man want their hair to be nice and preferred it to be longer), but whatever the reasons are, it is...
- The many hairstyles of Eva Longoria
When I am doing nothing I experiment with my hair. I have long hair so I can style it in different ways. That is the beauty of having long hair as you can choose what style you want for whatever occasion too....
- Popular Punk Hair Style for Women
The history of the punk culture involves the history of rock music that are punk, fashion, dance, visual arts and literature too. Since emerging in the US and UK in the mid- 1970s, the punk subculture...
- Different hair styles for men
Are you crazy? hair style for men? of course there are: Look at these ones. There are several types of hair, kinky, straight, wavy, curly and several colors too like blond, black, brown or on between...
More by this Author
Is Beauty really in the eye of the beholder? So, what is beautiful? Who is beautiful? Clearly when you ask a group of men, students and women from different walks of life who they think is beautiful, wouldn’t...
The history of the punk culture involves the history of rock music that are punk, fashion, dance, visual arts and literature too. Since emerging in the US and UK in the mid- 1970s, the punk subculture has...
Every year during springtime, April 23 to be exact, the English people celebrate their national day in remembrance of their patron saint -- St. George. St.George is the patron saint of England and he is depicted as a...