Organic Honey Facial Cleanser Recipe
It seems as if every where you look products are sprouting the label "organic," however once you check the ingredients there may be only one or two truly "organic" ingredients in the product. Not to mention the huge number of chemical and man-made ingredients that can also be in the product. If you do manage to find a completely organic cleanser, it is probably quite expensive, however this recipe is quite frugal.
Here is a simple recipe for and organic facial cleanser. The cleanser only has four ingredients, and everyone of the ingredients can easily be found organic. Honey naturally has antibacterial properties, as well as can help treat allergies when honey from the local area is ingested. This recipe makes only one application, but with common ingredients it's simple to make up a batch as you need it.
Avoid using cornflower hydrosol during the first trimester of pregnancy.
Also take care to not ingest the mixture due to the raw egg.
Health Benefits of Cornflower Hydrosol
Cornflower Hydrosol (an ingredient in this face wash) can be used to help treat hot flashes.
It is a mild diuretic.
The chemical properties help to support the liver.
Can help clean wounds.
Can help treat styes if used correctly.
- 1 organic egg white
- 2 tablespoons organic honey
- 1 teaspoon organic cornflower hydrosol (can be exchanged with sandalwood hydrosol)
- 1 teaspoon organic whole milk (or whipping cream)
Instructions to Make Your Face Wash
- Whisk the egg white until slightly frothy. Add the honey to the mixture and stir well until it is totally incorporated.
- Add the cornflower hydrosol and milk and stir well. If the cleanser appears to be too thick add more hydrosol or milk, taking care to not allow the cleanser to stay too thick. If the mixture is too thick it may drag across the skin, possibly causing irritation.
- To use the cleanser, simply massage using circular motions over the face and neck. Be careful not to tug on your skin, especially in sensitive areas such as under the eyes.
Have you made your own face wash before?See results without voting
More by this Author
A thesis paper discussing the character of Mr. Martin in James Thuber's short story, "The Catbird Seat." The hub contains an outline as well as the paper.
- 26 Changes to Make you Healthier, Prettier, and More Productive | Make Small Changes to a More Healthy Beautiful You
6 tips to use to change your life for the better by making small lifestyle adjustments that really add up.
I dropped 30 pounds in three months to qualify for the Air Force, just to have about 10 of it come right back a week later. Here's how to lose the weight and keep it off.
No comments yet.