Home Spa for a meagre cost
Here's something you probably didn't know. No need to spend big bucks to rejuvenate yourself. Using the ingredients available in your kitchen, you can convert your home into Spa.
This is a simple, harmless, easy to do it beautification tip anybody can try it at home. I would advice you to try it once every week for a month and experience the difference.
The Home Facial :
- Cleanse your face with your usual cleansing milk or with a good soap (high TFM) and warm water.
- Massage your face either with milk cream or cucumber slices or tomato pulp. Always massage from chin to temples, from forehead to temples, under the eyes from inside corners outwards.
- Steam your face for two to three minutes to open the pores.
- Make your own scrub by mixing oats with milk to a paste-like consistency and rub over the face for 5-10 minutes. Those with oily skin can substitute water to milk. To make the scrub more intensive to get rid of black heads and pigmentation, add a teaspoon of sugar granules to the scrub paste.
- Apply a face pack. You can make a face pack by mixing a tablespoon of gram flour with a teaspoon of honey, fresh ground turmeric and milk (for dry skin).For oily skin, instead of milk, use rose water. Leave the pack to dry and then rinse.
- Warm half a bowl of coconut oil or olive oil. Add juice of half lemon (for oily hair), or mousse or gel or hair spray residue (for dry and normal hair). Massage well into the roots, comb out and wrap a hot towel around the head for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove the towel and apply a hair pack prepared by mixing henna powder with black tea and a teaspoon of ground soaked fenugreek seeds. It will give shine and volume and works for all hair types. For brittle hair, add egg white with the paste to add strength.
- Shampoo after 20-30 minutes with a mild shampoo. You can rinse your hair with half glass beer to get the shine and bounce to your hair.
- Apply freshly pureed tomato on your arms and legs for 10 minutes to decrease your tan.
- Massage your hands and feet with olive oil, rubbing into nails and cuticles to decrease brittleness.
- Use few drops of chrysanthemum oil or lemon grass oil in your bath water. These aromatherapy oils are excellent stress busters.
- Add ½ cup baking soda, 1 cup milk, ½ cup Epsom salt and peppermint oil to lukewarm bath. It feels great and leaves you feeling squeaky clean and very relaxed and soothed. Try this bath once a week and you would love it.
Skin Treatment :
- Mix equal quantities of cucumber juice, rose water and lime juice. Wash your face and apply it overnight. Rinse off in the morning. This will clear the complexion and keeps the skin healthy.
- Take raw (not boiled) milk and mix a pinch of salt and little lime juice in it. Use it as a cleansing lotion.
- Mix equal quantities of lime juice, glycerin and rose water. This lotion if applied regularly at bedtime, removes pimples, blackheads and keeps the skin soft. It can be applied to other parts of the body.
Pamper yourself each weekend and stay fresh all the time.
More by this Author
Punarjani Guha is a natural tunnel which will be approximately150 meters long. It was in the Palakkad district of Kerala state. But now it comes under Trissur district. Punarjani Guha is located 2 kms from the...
Here's a detailed description of the history of the famous Kachamkurissi Temple of Kollengode, Palakkad of Kerala State of India.
Kids, nowadays always comes up with some school projects and we have to sit with them or help them or at times, even do the project completely by ourselves. Well, this was a rather difficult project.
No comments yet.