Hot Beauty Trends To Try Now
There are definitely some fun beauty trends for 2011!! Get read to look forward to a season of color come spring and summertime. Check out the eye-popping bright shadows, gorgeous glowing Gold hues, funky style nails and shine perfect hair!
Get the scoop below and try some of these crazy but fun styles out!
Bright Colors are fresh and optimistic! Pick just one feature, like your eyes or lips and let it be the star of the show!
Eyes: Emphasize your eyes with a boost of bright colors! Use an eyeshadow crayon or an extra-vivid powder to saturate your lids in a bold shade.
- Hard Candy Keg Loose Powder $6.00 (drugstores)
- NARS Soft Touch Shadow Pencil $24.00 (www.narscosmetics.com)
- Nyx Jumbo Eye Pencil $4.00 (www.nyxcosmetics.com)
Lips: An ultra-bright lip color perks up your entire face without needing much else! Start with a tinted mosturizer for a super-smooth skin, then color in your lips with a matching pencil and top it off with some gloss.
- Jessies Girl in the Mood Color $3.00 (drugstores)
- Lime Crime Opaque Lip Color $16.00 (www.spaceink.com)
- Make Up Forever Lab Shine Lip Gloss $18 (www.sephora.com)
Hair: Make a bubble pony pop by twisting brightly colored elastics down the length of your hair. Then use a rat-tail comb to gently lift and tease each section for more volume.
- Goody elastic polybands Mini Neon $4 for a pack of 75 (drugstores)
It's very easy to have fun with Gold. It instantly livens up your face and is the perfect accent color to any look.
Eyes: Gold flatters any eye color- no matter how you use it! Try dusting a light or dark gold shadow all over your lids, or get creative and use a gold metallic liner. You can even sprinkle some shadow onto your mascara brush, then swipe it onto your lashes!
- Urban Decay Liquid Liner in Lucky $18.00 (
Nails: Layer three coats of glimmering gold polish onto your nails for a highly reflective finish. Keep the length short, so your nails look nice and sparkly and no scary.
- Paul & Joe Nail Enamel in Sunshine $14.00 at Urban Outfitters
Face: Brighten up your skin with touches of gold all over. Glide a creamy highlighter in a C shape from your cheekbones to your browbones, then dab it on your lips to create the effect of a gold-flecked gloss.
- NP Set Shimmer Highlight Duo in Gold/Bronze $15.00
Hair: Try out some pretty gold headpieces to accent your hair and give it an instant luxe look. Layer gold elastics to give a basic pony more polish, or load on the glitz and glitter with a big barrette. Its like jewelry for your hair!
Stripes, stripes and more stripes!! They can be very elegant and fun when done in the right way. You can use these styles to draw attention to your nails, hair or eyes! Make sure to keep everything else simple, so the stripes can really pop.
Nails: Want to get the tricks to getting this look? Paint each nail with two coats of white polish, give them about two minutes to dry. Then using navy nail art polish (comes with a very thin brush), draw three vertical stripes down each nail. Another option, take some press on designs if your are short on time. Just smooth them onto clean, dry nails.
- Kiss Nail Artist Paint & Stencil in Pearl Blue and White $3.00 (drugstores)
- Sally Hansen Real Nail Polish Stripes $10.00 (drugstores)
Hair: Give your hair some extra dimension and style with skinny streaks of color put in along the length of your part. Don't worry its not permanent...just temporary! Glide it down small sections of your hair from the roots to the ends. It rinses out when you shampoo.
- Streekers in Red and Blue $11.00 (www.streekers.com)
Eyes: Want a bold look for your eyes? Place a bright white right along your lashlines to open up your eyes and make them look bright. Then take a swipe of black where its least expected, maybe right above your crease and keep the line sharp and defined to create a cool contoured look!
- Tokidoki Perfetto Eyeliner in Rondine Love $16.00 at Sephora Stores
- Stila Stay All Day in Black $20.00 at Sephora Stores
More by this Author
The bedroom is one of the most important rooms in the house. Your bed should be comfortable and desirable. If your bedroom decor need some improvement, but you don't have a lot of money to spend, why not revive your...
No comments yet.