How To Be Pretty: The Basics of Beauty
Let’s face it, almost every girl or woman wants to be pretty. The sad thing about it is that some are naturally born with it while the majority of the world population needs to strive harder to achieve it. What should be the characteristics of a woman to be called pretty, attractive, or beautiful? Is it the facial features? The shapely figure? The perfect skin tone or skin texture? The overall bone structure? Or is it just how everything hangs together? I am talking about the superficial beauty of course, the beauty on the outside.
While there is nothing much we can do about our appearance, there are a few simple steps to do to improve it, to some extent. Be ready, though, to work extra hard to attain what most people will define as pretty. Like everything else, attaining something needs extra work and sacrifice.
1. Taking care of your skin. We know that taking care of our skin isn’t an easy task, though it may be easier for some than for others. People with good and healthy skin in general only need to maintain what they already have. But people with unhealthy skin need to work extra hard to make their skin look good.
a. If you are the latter, then you need to take care of your skin doubly hard. Starting with what you eat, you would need to eat more fruits and vegetables. Choose foods that help keep a glowing and healthy skin. Drinking water can help in clearing some skin problems. Drinking tea is also a good way to help clear up a few skin problems. If you have to drink fruit juices, choose to drink fresh fruit juices rather than juices that are fortified with artificial flavors and colors.
b. If your skin is generally unhealthy, dry, and dull, you might need to use skin lotions, skin toners, or moisturizers to help keep it moisturized and hydrated. Choose to use what works best for you. If you have skin problems such as acne or rashes, don’t ignore them. Treat them with the right medication. As much as possible, treat your skin problems with topical applications. Oral medications may have side effects and may pose other health risks.
2. A good hygiene is an essential part of being pretty. That includes daily bathing, shampooing, and maintaining a good dental hygiene.
3. Fix yourself up.
a. You would need to comb or brush your hair. This will help in maintaining a healthy hair besides the fact that it helps make you look neat and more presentable. Styling your hair is optional. It’s really up to you how you want to style it. Just do make sure that whatever style you choose for your hair is something that looks good on you.
b. Remove any unwanted hair in your body. (lol!). This may sound funny but it really is an essential step for women that must be done regularly.
c. Maintain clean fingernails and toenails. Some women might need to go for a manicure (for fingernails) and a pedicure (for toenails) but if that is not a part of your beauty regimen, it shouldn’t be necessary. What is necessary though is to always maintain clean looking nails.
d. Wear clothes that look good on you when you go out. Clothes that are clean and clothing styles that help flatter your figure are some of the best choices.
e. Using perfumes, makeup, and accessories are optional. If you need to use them, use them sparingly. Simplicity and subtleness are almost always better on casual occasions. If you need to accessorize more on special occasions, then do it, just do make sure you are not overdoing it to the extent of making yourself look silly or covering yourself up with them.
4. Get a daily exercise. A daily physical activity doesn’t only help make you look better but it also helps make you feel better. If it’s hard for you to maintain a certain activity, try switching it to an activity that you most certainly will look forward to doing on a regular basis.
5. Get enough sleep and rest. Getting enough sleep and rest is probably the most important part of making yourself look and feel better.
6. De-stress yourself. Different people will de-stress themselves differently. Some people might do yoga, some might get a hobby, some go for a spa relaxation, and some go shopping. Whatever you do, it is best if the activity you choose will help you feel better and not stress yourself more during the course of the day.
7. Maintain a good posture. It helps in enhancing your appearance.
So, there you have it. Want to be pretty? These are the basics. While these steps will probably not make you stand out from the crowd. They will help you feel and look better. In the end, you probably don’t need all the attention anyway. What you really need is a good feeling of yourself and a good grasp of who you are.
More by this Author
For many years, baby oil has been a favorite skin care product by women. Baby oil is pure mineral oil with fragrance added. It is an easy and effective makeup remover, and many women use it to remove makeup because it...
Allantoin is a natural active ingredient that can be found in comfrey plants. It can also be found in the uric acid of most mammals. It promotes healing of the skin. Allantoin is safe and non-toxic and...
Lately, green tea has become well-accepted by experts to contain beneficial nutrients that help improve overall health. It is considered to be better than black tea and oolong tea in terms of health benefits. Why is...