How To Dye Hairs
If you are looking to have a changed and fresher look the best you can do to achieve this is get your hairs dyed. This will really affect your personality but you have to be very careful in choosing the right hair color for you.
A change in your hairs color will give you a very different appearance. Is it something that you want to achieve? Once you dye your hairs this can bring in a really beautiful side of yours.
For dyeing your hairs you need to undertake some precautions first in choosing your hair color and than in applying.
Types of Hair Dye
Before we know that how to apply hair dye or what precautionary measures to be taken we must know the different and common types of hair dyes found in markets.
1. Permanent Hair Dye
This is the type for those who typically want to have a long
lasting hair color. There is one obvious advantage for it is that it is going
to stay for long while an obvious back draw is that if it didn’t work, you are
stuck with it now. There’s nothing that you can do in such a condition.
There is Ammonia and peroxide in these permanent hair dyes that may cause dryness and can also damage your hairs. Those who apply permanent hair dyes need to refresh color by applying it into roots after a considerate time period. Any exposure to sun or sea water (Salt water) may lead to fade color out. So for this keep your hairs covered with a cap or bandana when you go out.
2. Long- Lasting Semi- Permanent
This is again as obvious from name that a longer lasting dye
type. This is mostly going to bear up to twenty or twenty five washes. This
often depends on the brand that you are using.
These hair dyes have very short stay time. These would last up to maximum of six to twelve washes. And after that it would start to fade out. This is used by mostly the people who are trying to color their hairs for the first time.
As in this condition they are not sure as to how they are going to look like. Or either it is used by those who are experimenting with a new color. Like a very extra ordinary different color from their hairs.
Tips for Selecting Hair Dye
Things You Will Need
- A hair dye
- An application brush
- A towel
- A pair of gloves
Precautions And Mistakes To Be Avoided
How To Apply
- First thing you need to do is that choose a hair color that suits your complexion. (Not very different from your original hair color in case of first experience).
- Part your hairs into four quadrants.
- Add the color up to mix with developer in pack.
- Use plastic gloves for mixing up your hair color. Shake well for about fifteen to twenty seconds.
- Start applying hair color from front first quadrant and than move towards back of head.
- Leave it for around two minutes more than the given time on the box.
- Once time is up, take the conditioner given in pack with hair color, make your hairs numb and apply conditioner.
- Leave conditioner on for around five minutes.
- Now wash your hairs with cold water.
How to Dye Your Hair
- Do not apply color to tangled and dirty hairs. Condition your hairs a day before dyeing your hairs. Be sure that your hairs are a little damp when you apply color. Try getting split ends remove before applying color.
- Do not condition your hairs right before dyeing them. Not even a few hours back. Simply shampooing will do the job. All you need is to get rid of any dirt or oil in your hairs.
- Always consult the stylist for choosing as to what color will suit you. But as dyeing at home is much cheaper so still try not to buy a color on the bases of model on the pack. The dye that you choose should go with your skin tone.
- Before applying hair color completely do check it a day or two prior to it. Like at any area either behind the ear or near your neck in order to be sure that its not causing any allergic reaction on your skin. If you feel any inflammation, itching or redness wash the color immediately.
- Always try color on few strands first instead of applying on whole head.
- Protect your skin and clothes while applying color. Wear gloves to protect your hands and use towel to cover your neck.
- To avoid hair losses always wash your hairs with either cold or Luke warm water after dyeing your hairs.
- If the results are not as you desired, use liquid tide. This is going to set back the original color of your hairs n a day or two. Don’t over dye your hairs to fix it up.
This information will prove to be enough for you in order to dye your hairs professionally and perfectly. Have a nice change felt in you. Good luck with your job.
More Beauty Tutorials
- How To Cut Your Hair
At times when you go barbers shop you need to wait for your turn or when you call them for an appointment they will give you time for next month or so on. Whichever situation you face, both are very...
- How To Dry Hair
These days almost everyone is scared with the problem of hair falling. We do not actually get the whole idea of how to get rid of this problem. Definitely when we dont know the basis of the problem...
- How To Put Make Up On
Putting on makeup sometimes becomes a big deal. Especially when you are not used to of putting makeup on, as many girls usually stay away from makeup and just use glosses while going anywhere. But, at times...
More by this Author
It is commonly believed that every woman likes to look younger and hence women have found millions of ways for this. But the tragedy is for those girls or women who look too young, much younger than what there actual...
How to cut hairs of kids is something that many parents are learning these days that how to do this for numerous reasons. If you wish to learn how to cut the hairs of your kids then you are lucky as this article is...
History is full of legends that still mystify and entertain. These legends come from cultures all over the world. Some are held as strong beliefs, while others have faded away with time. The...