How To Get Rid Of Smelly Foot Odor
Remedies for Smelly Feet
What Causes Foot Odor and How to Prevent It
One of the worst smells to experience is the smell of stinky feet. It can not only be embarressing and create an antisocial environment, but bad smelling feet is also a sign of poor foot hygiene. Foot Powders can help to eliminate bad foot odor but the effect is minimal and temporary. Rather than using foot powders to solve the problem, its best to understand what causes foot odor so that you can prevent bad smells.
Foot odor is caused by bacteria that feed on dead skin cells that accumulate within your shoes and socks. As the bacteria continues to build up, the smell continues to grow stronger and can leave a permanent stench in your shoes or bedroom. The bacteria on the foot is what causes your feet to smell bad.
In order to fight food odor and prevent it from coming back, its best to keep your feet as clean as possible. There are some very good foot odor remedies that naturally eliminate odors and clean your feet at the same time. Washing your feet after you take off your shoes is really important, and its also important that you don't wear dirty socks. After a few hours, your socks start to lose their freshness and that's when the bad smells start to accumulate. Here are some basic guidelines.
- Keep your feet dry and avoid moisture
- Wash your Feet at least 2 times per day with bath soap and water. Soak for 2 - 5 minutes.
- Use foot powder after washing your feet, I also find that the foot odor spray works really well.
- You may notice that your feet smell much better when you get out of the swimming pool, this is because chlorine does a great job eliminating odors that come from bromhidrosis.
- When you soak your feet, add vinegar to the water. Vinegar is one of the best things you can soak your feet with because it kills bacteria and is great for eliminating foot odors.
- Keep your shoes as clean as possible. Don't wear shoes when your feet are dirty.
- Change your socks at least once a day and wash your socks with hot water when you do laundry.
- Sprinkling the feet with corn starch is also proven to eliminate foot odor.
- Avoid walking around the house with bare feet, this allows germs and bacteria to accumulate on the foot and will cause bad foot odor.
- Try to wear shoes that allow plenty of ventilation, this will help to reduce perspiration which can contribute to smelly feet.
- Never wear your shoes without socks, this will cause excessive sweating and will make the smell much worse.
- Ask Yourself: How long have you had those shoes. Is it time for a new pair?
- If you don't want to buy new shoes, you can also buy new soles which is a temporary fix.
- Studies show that people that suffer from bad foot odor are also deficient in Zinc. Make sure you are getting enough Zinc.
More by this Author
Chest exercises that help you to build muscle fast, supplements that will help you to build chest muscles fast. Pectoral exercises as well as supplement advice to help you grow bigger muscles.
Easy and natural ways to fight germs that kill bad breath.
A dietary guide to building bigger muscle on your arms and the lifestyle you should embrace if you want larger biceps and triceps. High protein diet and pre-workout supplements are key to growth.