How To Moisturize Lips And Get Rid Of Dry Lip Skin
Some of us are just prone to having dry lips. There is not enough Chapstick, Blistex, or Carmex in the world that will get rid of the dry peeling skin that seems to build and never go away. It's just not enough and it's embarrassing to look at and its embarrassing to be kissed when you have them. When you can get rid of the dry skin, you can moisturize you lips better as the skin will absorb the moisturizers more efficiently.
Here are some lip moisturizing tips to not only get rid of the dry lip skin, but to keep it from ever coming back so that you can moisturize and have super soft, kissable lips.
Which Do You Prefer To Moisturize Lips
Which Is Your Favorite Lip BalmSee results without voting
- Get rid of your old chapsticks and lip moisturizers. If you've been using them for awhile, chances are there is some bacteria that has built up. While this does not contribute to the dry skin, it does keep your lips from being their healthiest.
- Get in the habit of brushing your lips when you brush your teeth. This will help remove some of the surface layers of dead skin and expose the soft supple parts of the lip. It will also make the lip appear plumper. To get an even better affect, pick up an extra cheap toothbrush and use this soley to brush your lips with vaseline or olive oil
- Use a lip moisturizer at night time before you go to bed. Especially for those that breath with their mouths at night the lips tend to dry out while we sleep.
- Beeswax lip moisturizers such as Burt's Bee's seem to work best and stay on the longest. Apply daily, more so during the dry and winter seasons.
- Once a week use a lip mask such as Mary Kay's lip mask. The Mary Kay mask is awesome. Apply to lips and rub in. The miniture buffing beads rub off the dry stuff. Then leave on for 5 minutes. When you wash off you will see soft plump lips. Apply the super slippery lip balm afterwards to lock in moisture. I use the lip mask at least once a week and always right before I go out. It keeps my lips looking healthier and when used right before going out, makes them look more plump.
More by this Author
A women has in her mind how she see's her future. For many, the princess cut diamond engagement ring either as a solitaire setting, or as a center stone is front runner for the most important piece of jewerly she will...
If you've never heard of it before, your going to think I'm crazy but the Baking Soda hair wash method is a womens best friend when it comes to hair care. A baking soda hair wash will clean out the excess product,...
My mother has been making the yummiest moist Zucchini bread for as long as I can remember. Here is her recipe.