How To Reuse Clip-On Earrings.
Great Books On How To Reuse Everyday Items.
Due to the increased popularity of pierced ears; clip-on earrings have become such a rare commodity these days.
As a norm, parents frequently have the ears of their daughters pierced at a very early age and it’s a seldom sight to see a female who has not experienced this rite of passage.
It’s no wonder then, that clip-on earrings have become an antiquated form of jewelry.
However, if you are fortunate enough to either inherit a couple or you come across a pair or two and wearing them are not an option; there are several ways these seemingly outdated accessories can be reused.
Listed below are twelve great ways to reuse clip-on earrings:
A.) Beauty and Fashion
- Add Some Bling to Your Intimate Apparel - spice up your intimate apparel by clipping a sparkly clip-on earring to the front middle of your bra or the sides of your high cut panties. Tip : using matching clip-on earrings to create a more cohesive look if you’re adding a little bling to both the bra and the panties.
- Button Replacements - if you’ve lost a button and do not have the time to replace, a clip-on earring provides a quick fix. Simply run the back of the earring sideways through the button hole opening; clip it to the adjoining side; and shut the earring securing the garment together.
- Custom Made Head Bands - you can turn a plain headband into something extremely unique and elegant with an old clip-on earring. With as little or as many clip-on earrings you so desire, secure the earrings directly on the headband to give your hair accessories a custom and eclectic flare.
- Custom Ponytail holders - you don’t have to settle for a plain ponytail holder when you have clip-on earrings lying around. Once the ponytail holder is in place; clip the earring on the holder and secure it in place.
- Dress Décor - there are a bevy of ways to dress up a plain dress using clip-on earrings. If the dress has a sash, simple secure the earring on the not of the belt. Clip-on earrings can also be used to dress up the neckline or the shoulders of a dress depending on the style.
- Dress up those Scarves - a quick way to dress up a scarf is by either securing the sides together with a clip-on earring of your choice, or securing it to the knot of a tied scarf.
- Fabric Choker - using a ribbon of your width and color preference; clip the earring right at the middle and tie this simple, yet elegant fashion accessory around your throat.
- Hat Décor - what a great way to achieve a vintage look or to repurpose an old hat then by placing an old clip-on earring directly to the brim. Another great trick involves tying a scarf around the base of the hat and adding a clip-on earring for some added charm.
- Shoe Clips - clip-on earrings provide ladies with a great way to dress up those everyday pumps. With the clip-on earrings of your choice, simply clip them on the sides, back, or top of the shoes to achieve a stylish or funky look.
Tip: dress up the top of your boots by placing bright and sparkling clip-on earrings to the top sides, top fronts, or clip them to the flipped down tips to add a bit of interest.
B.) Home Décor
- Custom Made Napkin Rings - looking for an ingenious and cost effective way to achieve a custom look for your dining room table? The simplest and least expensive napkin rings will do the trick. Simply slide the cloth napkins of your choice through the napkin rings and then secure clip-on earrings to the ring to complete the look. It’s simple elegance on a budget.
- Dress Up Those Table Lamps - a really unique way to add some flare and interests to those otherwise dull table lamps is by adding clip-on earrings around the top, the bottom, or both the top and the bottom of the lamp shade. It’s a quick and simple way to add a decorative touch to your home décor.
- Dress Up Those Tie Backs - chair cover and window dressing tiebacks can be given a fresh and unique look by way of clip-on earrings as well. Once the tiebacks are adjusted to their desired positions, secure a clip-on earring at the center of the knot.
Tip: If it’s a cohesive look you are after, stick with a single style of clip-on earrings. It it’s a more eclectic look you are trying to achieve, simply mix and match them.
Therefore, before you get rid of those old clip-on earrings, stop and think about all the creative things you can do with them.
copyright © 2010
More by this Author
A mother to two multi-ethnic children; I do worry about how they will eventually embrace their ethnicity as they mature. Like most parents, I want my children to be well-rounded, successful, and self-assured...
- 9Georgia Cyber Academy Review - A Learning Coaches Take On A Tuition Free Online Public School Program
public domain Before the invention of brick and mortar schools, home schooling has been the major method of educating our children. Granted, in earlier times this form of education took on a less academic scale for...
Short on money? Need a great gift that looks like you spent more on it than you really did? Well the Dollar Tree is here to rescue you. Now, we all know that it's the thought that counts; this being said; it is...