How To Spend A Day In A Spa
A Place to Relax
As a human being, every one of us need for once in a while to think for ourselves especially those who work so hard for a living. We need some place, a retreat where we can find tranquility, peace and quiet and to regain some calmness and vitality to our hectic lives.
We don´t need to spend our days in a monastery to obtain a little quality of life. Nowadays, spending a day in a spa is one of the modern way on how to treat ourselves grandfully. We need at least a day in a year to forget what´s bothering us. To those who can afford, they can of course do it as often as they can.
When you visit a Spa, be sure to get any information through Internet and friends if you intend to visit that spa.
- has good comments from the people who had been there before
- is clean and tidy
- are friendly and the services they offer are good
- have qualified beauticians, masseuse, nail technicians, etc...
- use quality products
- have all the treatments you treasure and need
You don´t need to visit an expensive Spa to have a good, quality treatment. Any cheaper one could also be a good one. Ask for any package deals or special offers so you can save money.
Here are some treatments a Day Spa offers:
A. Body Wraps---your body will be wrapped in bandages after putting seaweed cream or any other body cream the spa uses, then you´ll be wrapped with a heated blanket and have to lie down in bed for at least 45 minutes. Then you can take a shower or a hydrobath. This treatment is good for those who want to lose weight.
- Body Scrubs or Peelings----your body will be scrubbed gently with lubricants containing essential oils with flower extracts or any spa products. This is good for exfoliating the skin and makes it soft after the treatment.
- Body Mask---a lubricant is used as a mask in your body for at least 10 minutes and then scrubbed off gently under the shower. Like body scrubs and peeling, it is for skin exfoliation.
- Balneotherapy Bath or Hydrobath---such as Cleopatra, Seaweed, Aromatherapy and Sea salt baths.
- In Cleopatra bath, you bathe in the tub full of warm water mixed with cows or sheep's milk. On the sides and bottom of the tub are massage jets that help loosen stiff muscle and joint pains. This is a soothing bath which is very good for a person who has a dry skin.
- Seaweed bath is for detoxing the body with the seaweed extracts.
- Aromatherapy bath is for relaxing with the use of essential oils like lavender, rose, neroli, etc.
- Sea salt bath is for revitalizing the body with the use of sea salt. The last 3 kinds of bathing has the same procedure like Cleopatras bath.
B. Here are some kinds of massages you can have in a Day Spa:
- Abhyanga---is an Ayurvedic body massage with the use of warm sesame or almond oil. It´s a very oily massage based on an ancient Indian technique to restore the organism to perfect balance of mind, body and soul.
- Aromatherapy---is a deep tissue massage which is common on treating muscular and skeletal disorders with the use of essential oils such as ginger, roses, lavender, peppermint, etc.
- Herbal Poultice---is a signature massage with the use of packed dried flowers and herbs such as roses, lavender, jasmine, lemongrass and some dessicated coconut heated in almond oil or just water.
- Hot Stones---is a massage treatment with the use of dark basalt stones heated in hot water and are placed or stroked with light pressure on areas of the body such as back, shoulders, legs, belly, palms and between the toes.
- Lymphatic Drainage---is a treatment that will stimulate your lymphatic and immune system and boast a sluggish blood circulation. This massage is always direct towards the lymphatic nodes of the body.
- Swedish Massage---the most common massage treatment here in Europe with the use of effleurage, petrisage and kneading.
- Shiatzu---is a Japanese finger pressure massage to balance the yin and yang of the body.
- Sports Massage---is a deep tissue massage used for treating muscular and skeletal disorders of the body.
- Thai Massage---is a deep pressure massage with the use of fingers, palms, elbows, knees and feet. This is also called yoga massage for stretching is being practiced. This treatment is not good for a tender and older person.
In all these treatments, you can choose for yourselves whether you want back and shoulder, holistic head, legs or foot massages.
C. Facials and Make-ups
You can ask in the Spa you´re intending to visit, the kind of facials and make-ups they offer. Ask the beauticians what they can do to any of your skin problems if you have.
D. Manicure, Pedicure, Gel Nails and Nail Arts
Ask information about these treatments before deciding what you want to have.
Aromatherapy Massage Video
My favorite package deal when I visit a spa:
- Honey and Almond Body Scrub (ca.1/2 hr.)
- Cleopatra Bath ( ca.1/2 hr.)
- Abhyanga Ayurvedic Massage ( ca.1 1/2 hr.)
- Four Layer Facial ( ca.1 hr.)
- Champissage ( 45 mins.)
Spending the day in a spa is a very wonderful thing that you will never miss it again. You´ll try to do everything just to have that day in a year. You feel calm as if not on this earth or just born again. You feel like you´re not walking on the ground. As if everything you carried on your shoulders is gone even if it´s only for a day or two. Yes, you only want to sleep! Sleep,sleep,sleep...Relax on the couch and sleep like a sleeping beauty.
But then, when you go out that night and drink so much, you´ll have a hangover the next day... You have just thrown your money away....
Ayurvedic Massage Oil
More Hubs To Read That Might Interest You
- The Beautiful Places in Co. Mayo, Ireland
Carne Rock Beach Erris Head Me in Atlantic Drive, Achill Island Atlantic Drive, Achill Island Me in Anagh Head Atlantic Drive, Achill Island Carne Golf Links Carne Rock Beach Carne Rock Beach View of Belmullet...
- My Summer in Ireland
Summer is always my favorite season. It is the season of the year that I feel "free". Free of socks, jumper, pullover and all other clothes that I need to wear to make me feel warm.I dont mean that I want to...
- Winter in Ireland
Although the weather was getting colder everyday, there were still a few days that the sun was shining. Not the whole day but at least a few hours until it was cloudy and the Atlantic strong winds pushed me...
- The Changeable Weather
You have to love or at least like the country to accept the changes of the weather!!! In 2007 when my husband and I were having a holiday in the south of Ireland, I asked an irish woman how many days a year...
- Gihaw-an, My Childhood River
Once upon a time, there lived a little skinny girl in the nearby Gihaw-an River. She was so shy and so alone for she had no friends. She was so sickly that she was often absent from her elementary school...
© 2011 Thelma Alberts
More by this Author
An Afternoon In Spa Sula is about a relaxing afternoon treatment in the tranquility of Spa Sula in Wesport, Ireland with my best friend.
Have you tried paraffin wax for your hands and feet? If not, try it and you will see how soft your hands and feet will be. It is a soothing wax spa treatment you´ll love to experience.
If you are planning to bring your pet dog to the Philippines, this is the right article for you. This is about how you prepare for your dog's travel to this hot and sunny country.