Styling Curly Hair- Stop The Frizz - Curly Hairstyling Tips
Styling Products For Curly Hair Needs
Curly Hairstyle Tips
Having natural curly hair is one thing enjoying your curls is another. There are so many people with this misunderstood curly hair that are trying to straighten it out while others are spending major bucks trying to have curly hair.
The first thing I want you to realize is hair with texture is the most sought after hair. There are people that have processes down to their hair in order to avoid the flat wimpy hair.
But you have this marvelous hair and don't understand what to do. No worries I had to go to school and take classes to learn.
The second thing I want to tell you is that our skin and hair has to maintain a balance of oil and moisture to be healthy. Without both you will be experiencing a very dry unmanageable hair and unattractive curls.
If your curly hair is frizzy you will have to give it moisture treatments and trims to maintain healthy hair. Dry hair and ends will cause an adverse effect such as frizziness and breakage.
Of course you may also be experiencing dryness, dandruff and dull color.
Curly Hair Moisturizing Tip
It is important to moisturize your curly hair with a treatment every other week or every week for a month if your hair is damaged.
You will want to leave your moisturizer on your hair for 15 to 20 minutes so that the treatment can reach the deepest layers that cause breakage if not moisturized.
Avoid using instant condioners for longer than recommended. Instant conditoner is meant to remove cuticle layer from the top layer of your hair quickly.
If you leave it on too long it will also remove your natural moisture as well as dissolve your hair. Your hair will later break and become very brittle!
- You can moisturize your hair with a moisturizer treatment for your hair-type. example : Colored,thin, or grey
- Leave treatment on as recommended with plastic cap.
How to Dry Curly Hair
- You will have to use a moisturizing shampoo especially for curly hair. This shampoo will not strip hair but allow you to comb freely down the hair shaft.
- Use leave in curl enhancers such as gloss or leave in conditioners that will allow hair to dry smooth without frizz. Fructris has a wonderful leave in conditioner. Using a curl glaze will dry firm but you will have a lasting beautiful curl if you do not comb through it. African American curly hair should choose products that have healthy oils to maintain balance.This hair produces less natural oils and need more help in that department.
- Use a diffuser attachment on your blow-dryer to dry your hair without disturbing the curl. This attachment is a must for naturally curly hair. Trust me.
- You can now spray a light holding spray and oil free gloss for incredible shine. I found a very inexpensive one called Wig Shine by BONFI NATURAL. You can use this on human and synthetic hair. It has great shine without the buildup or heaviness.
Now that you know how to dry and defiine curly hair. You can now enjoy a beautiful head of beautiful curly hair! For more hair instructions and tips please visit HairByDarlene.Blogspot for more curly hairstyle tips. Please vote up or like if you found this useful.Thanks!
Curly and Kinky Hair Products
Oil Free Shine For Your Curly Hair
Hair Diffuser For Curly Hair
More by this Author
Many Individuals are in search for the best virgin weave hair but really don't know difference between the sought after Peruvian and Brazilian hair and wasting thousands on cheap inferior hair.
Relaxed hair can become dried out and appear not to grow when not moisturized and maintained properly. African American especially can become damaged the quickest because of the inability to produce and retain natural...
So you want silky and shiny relaxed hair? Caring for relaxed hair is a daily responsibility. A relaxer journey is a commitment to learn proper hair care for healthy hair.
No comments yet.