How to Curl Your Hair with Velcro Rollers
How to do a Quick Dry Set with Velcro Rollers
A dry set using velcro rollers is a quick and easy way to get some volume and curls into your hair. The reason why it is called a dry set is because your hair starts off dry before you begin. A dry set is good to do before an up-do hairstyle or if you just want to leave your hair down and full. The same technique can be used in the salon or you can do it yourself at home.
♦ 1 to 2 dozen velcro rollers
♦ 1 to 2 dozen hair clips
♦1 rat tail comb
♦ Light hold hairspray, aerosol or pump
♦ Hooded hair dryer or a diffuser
How To Curl Your Hair With Velcro Rollers: Big Wavy Curls: Part 1: By: Tammy Favata
How To Curl Your Hair With Velcro Rollers: Big Wavy Curls: Part 2 (Final Results) By: Tammy Favata
1. Start off with your hair dry. It can be dirty or freshly blown dry.
2. Choose the size of the rollers you are going use. If you want your hair to be curly with a more loopy look to it you should use smaller rollers. If you are looking just to get more body in your hair you should use larger rollers.
3. Using your rat tail comb make a section that is the same size as your roller. Generously apply hair spray on it and then comb the spray through to evenly distribute it throughout the hair shaft.
4. Wrap the hair around the roller using tension and secure it to the base of your scalp. The velcro fabric should grip onto the hair by itself, but if the hair does not stay in place you can use a hair clip to secure it.
5. Finish wrapping all of the hair up this way.
6. Go under a hooded dryer for 5 to 15 minutes and let it cool down for 5 minutes. If you do not have a hooded dryer you can use a diffuser.
7. Slowly and carefully remove the the rollers one at a time being careful not to break the hair.
8. You can tousle the hair with your fingers or lightly comb them through. Keep in mind that the more you comb it out the more the curls will fall.
So now you know how to do a dry set with velcro rollers. Enjoy your curls!
More by this Author
Red hair color is awesome! The only problem is that red hair color fades. Here you will find preventitive measures to help make sure your red color doesn't fade.....
When you have naturally curly hair getting the right haircut and knowing how to style it is essential for good results......
Being Blonde is a blast, but being a brunette has it's advantages as well. If you are ready for a change, here are a few methods you can use when going from a bleached blonde to a brunette.
No comments yet.