How to Achieve Younger, Glowing Skin with Dry Skin Brushing
Skin brushing is one of the best things you can for the health of your skin and the best part is that it only takes minutes a day and it doesn't cost much to invest in a good skin brush.
When it comes to having great skin and a healthy body other factors such as genes, diet, and lifestyle play a huge role. Dry skin brushing alone won't get you amazing results if everything else you do to your body causes more damage than good. You don't have to be a saint either to reap the benefits of dry skin brushing. By staying hydrated, eating relatively healthy and getting some exercise you will simply be improving any benefits from dry skin brushing to your skin and overall health far greater than skin brushing alone.
- How To Reduce the Appearance of Cellulite for Less Than $15 Dollars
Various methods for reducing the appearance of cellulite that are inexpensive and work wonders!
Dry Skin Brushing: All the Glorious Benefits
While I strive to do thorough research on any Hub that I write, I cannot verify medically or scientifically if the following list of benefits are true or as good as they sound.
Since I began skin brushing over 10 years ago I can attest to the validity of some of these benefits having seen them for myself.
- Improves the overall texture of your skin (smoother and softer skin) and encourages cell renewal by removing dead skin cells.
- Increases circulation to the skin, which in turn helps your lymphatic system drian toxins out of your body through the skin and through your colon, also referred to as metabolic waste elimination.
- Tightens your skin due to the increase in blood circulating to your skin (over several weeks of skin brushing, not instantly) thereby reducing the appearance of cellulite.
- Helps to even out the distribution of fat deposits (sounds good in theory, not sure if this benefit is true or not. I think being male or female and your overall percentage of body fat plays a greater role in where your body is going to store fat, but I will leave this up anyway until disproved).
- Benefits your nervous system by stimulating nerve endings in the skin (get ready for lots of goose pimples, in other words).
- Unclogs pores which helps your skin breathe better.
- Strengthens your immune system due to the removal of toxins out of the body through the skin and other exit areas on your body (think it has more to do with the fact that skin brushing helps you relax and it feels good. Stress wreaks havoc on your immune system).
- Releases endorphins because it helps the body relax and feels soothing, calming (I can completely agree with this statement).
**My personal favourite:
You don't have to spend a ridiculous amount of money on plastic surgery or fancy spa treatments to get younger, glowing skin and a healthy body. You don't even need to spend a lot of money on a good skin brush. It doesn't require a lot of time either. 5-10 minutes a day, that's it. So if you work long hours, are busy looking after the kids, etc., you only need 5-10 minutes to yourself to enjoy the benefits of dry skin brushing. It doesn't get any better than that!
This skin brush has natural bristles (which is best) and has a 5 star rating with 1,281 reviews. You don't want to use a regular shower brush or a cheap skin brush because all you will do is scratch your skin instead of gently removing dead skin cells and improving your circulation (which is what you want). This is a fantastic product for dry skin brushing and very similar to my own skin brush that I use.
How to Brush Your Skin
To begin, you need a skin brush with natural bristles so it is less likely to scratch your skin and preferably has a handle so you can reach most areas of your body.
You always want to start at your extremities and work towards the centre of your body where your heart is. If you start with your legs, you should begin by brushing the soles of your feet, then using upwards strokes work up from your ankles to your knees to the tops of your thighs, whether you are doing the front of back of your legs.
If you are beginning on your arms, you start at the finger tips and brush toward your elbow, then up towards your armpit and shoulder.
On areas such as your chest, you want to use lighter movements and move in a circular direction. When brushing your abdomen, brush clockwise around your belly button with short, gentle sweeping strokes.
- Never skin brush over skin that is broken or sensitive
- Be sure to skin brush before you have a warm/hot shower or bath
- Wash your brush every few weeks to keep it clean
Madonna's Yoga Guru shows you how to dry skin brush
Celebrities that Dry Skin Brush
Celebs with amazing glowing skin that dry skin brush include:
Keeping Your Skin Toxin-Free
If you are trying to live a healthier lifestyle so you can look and feel better you may want to think about what you are putting on your skin, especially if you are making the effort to incorporate a daily skin brushing routine into your life.
We don't even realize that soaps, creams and other beauty products simply cover the skin with additional toxins and chemicals that skin brushing is trying to remove from your body. It can be counter-productive. I highly recommend bookmarking Paula Bergoun's Cosmetic Ingredient Dictionary. It tells you which ingredients are good, fair and bad for your body. Many ingredients such as fragrances can cause irritation of the skin, others will block pores, some may build up over time in the body's tissues.
Do some research and find soaps, creams and cosmetics that are more beneficial for your skin and less likely to add toxins into your body. Here is link to help get you started: Guide to Less Toxic Products.
More by this Author
Anyone can look flawless regardless of age, race, or the amount of money in your bank account. Change up your beauty routine or transition your look from frumpy to flawless!
Learn simple and inexpensive methods for making cellulite less noticeable on your body so you can feel more confident no matter what you are wearing.
Online dating is over-hyped and is probably one of the worst places to find someone to have a relationship with.