How to Cheaply Whiten Your Teeth
Tired of yellow teeth?
Sick and tired of sporting yellow teeth all the time? No matter what you do, you just can't seem to bring your pearlies to their usual white state again. This might be due to several factors which may or may not be genetic, or it might be because of your lifestyle and food habits. Soft drinks can stain and discolor your teeth and make them seem off white. As far as possible avoid such fizzy drinks and beverages like coffee and tea which are known for their teeth staining tendencies. Smoking is also a big no no if you want to do away with discoloration of teeth completely. Some people complain about their teeth getting stained way too easily which might be because of their thinning teeth enamel. But sometimes no matter how much you take care of your teeth, they still seem a tad dim and this is when you can try out some of the tips and techniques shown on this page. They are inexpensive, proven to work and hardly take much of your time.
Technique #1 - Use a Straw and Paper Towels
When you are drinking any beverage or soft drink, use a straw. This prevents the drink from getting all over your front teeth and discoloring them.
While eating really greasy food, use paper towels afterwards to clean your teeth. Such food items also have a tendency to discolor and stain your teeth.
Plus White Whitening Gel
Leave it on for 5 minutes. Use twice a day for a week. You will notice a difference. After this you need not use the product as much.
Technique #2 - Use a Whitening Gel
Use a whitening gel. A recommended product that works well is the Plus White Whitening gel. No matter which whitening product you use, you have to be careful not to overdo it as it can lead to thinning of teeth enamel.
Technique #3 - Use 3% Hydrogen Peroxide
If you do not want to try whitening gels or strips, why not use the most active ingredient present in such whitening kits instead? Talking about hydrogen peroxide here. You can get this easily from your local grocery store. Apart from its whitening efficiency, hydrogen peroxide can also help in fighting plaque. If you are using hydrogen peroxide, you should be extremely careful not to swallow it. There can be some side effects induced from swallowing this solution and you might need professional help in case you succumb to such side effects like vomiting or stomach cramps.
- Put a tablespoon of water in a cup.
- Into this cup, add a tablespoon of hydrogen peroxide.
- Mix this solution thoroughly with a spoon.
- Pour this mixture into your mouth and rinse your mouth for around 30 seconds taking care not to swallow the mixture. Spit out the mixture.
- Brush your teeth with toothpaste as you normally would.
This can be done once or twice daily for a week straight. You will notice that your teeth is much whiter by the end of the week.
Hydrogen Peroxide 3% - Oral Debriding Agent
Technique #4 - Use a Banana Peel
The banana which is to be used in this whitening technique should not be too ripe and it shouldn't be green either. In case you are allergic or simply abhor the taste of bananas, you can try using squashed strawberries instead.
- Take a banana peel and start cleaning your teeth with the peel.
- Rub the peel against your teeth thoroughly. You will see small banana scraps on your teeth. Let it remain on your teeth for 2 minutes.
- After that, remove the scraps from your teeth with a paper towel.
- Brush your teeth with toothpaste like you normally would.
Do this on a regular basis and you will start noticing a difference in 2-3 weeks.
Technique #5 - Use Baking Soda
Another technique is to use baking soda. Use this technique on a regular basis to see a difference.
- Add some baking soda into a bowl.
- Add a bit of water into this and mix the baking soda thoroughly to form a solid paste.
- Brush your teeth using this mixture. Brush as you normally would using a regular toothpaste.
- The mixture might feel a bit funny in your mouth but don't let that stop you. Let it rest for a while. Don't wash it off.
- Once dry (after 10-15 minutes), you can wash the paste off from your teeth.
Technique #6 - Using Lime / Lemon and Baking Soda / Bicarbonate of Soda
You can make a paste out of lemon or lime with baking soda / bicarbonate of soda and use it on your teeth once a week to whiten your teeth naturally.
- Add a tablespoon of baking soda or bicarbonate of soda on a plate. Remove any lumps formed by mashing it down with the spoon.
- Squeeze out the lemon or lime juice onto this baking soda or bicarbonate of soda.
- You will see some bubbles forming. Leave it as it is till the bubbles go down and a paste is formed. In case the mixture is too watery, add some more of baking soda / bicarbonate of soda till a nice paste is formed.
- Brush your teeth with this paste and rinse it off after a minute.
Whiten Teeth Naturally Using These Home Remedies
Take a moment to vote
How many times have you tried teeth whitening techniques?See results without voting
More by this Author
Moroccan oil or coconut oil -- which one do you prefer? I tried out the Moroccan oil recently and I am genuinely in love with the product. It does wonders to my unruly hair. How about you? Do you think coconut oil is...
Beautiful Cinderella slippers for kids and adults. Show them off at themed parties or just about any formal occasion.
Detailed instructions on how to cancel car or vehicle hypothecation at an RTO in India
No comments yet.